Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next SuperCharger to open in Virginia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Farmville is great for me! I drive from the smith mountain lake area to richmond a lot to pick up my daughter. This means i have to drive past her house to a charger, sit for an hour and grab dinner, then drive home at a slow pace to try to conserve energy.....and this is in good weather, never mind the range sapping bitter cold we are having. This would be a perfect addition and i bet it would see a lot of use!

While searching for superchargers, I found this article about a proposed development at this site in Loudon County south of the Point of Rocks bridge over the Potomac River.

The development also comes with promises to set aside 100 square feet inside the store to showcase products from Loudoun County, create a pollinator garden and a dog park, provide two electric vehicle charging stations including the county’s first Tesla Supercharger, and install solar panels on the fuel pump canopy.

The article is about the significant local opposition to the project, so it won't necessarily go forward. The County supervisors are scheduled to vote on it July 3rd.

Saw that same article last week and have been unable to confirm the info about a Tesla Supercharger going there. The developers have offered to install two electric vehicle charging stations, as well as other concessions, in order to help get the gas station approved.

There's no mention of Tesla or Superchargers in any documents that I've been able to find.

The planned parking lot doesn't look big enough to support a Supercharger station.

I'm skeptical of the news report at this point. Link to Leesburg North Landing Plans.

LeesburgNorthLanding.png

Saw that same article last week and have been unable to confirm the info about a Tesla Supercharger going there. The developers have offered to install two electric vehicle charging stations, as well as other concessions, in order to help get the gas station approved.

There's no mention of Tesla or Superchargers in any documents that I've been able to find.

The planned parking lot doesn't look big enough to support a Supercharger station.

I'm skeptical of the news report at this point. Link to Leesburg North Landing Plans.

View attachment 310685
Lanny, you never cease to amaze me! :)

• Funny
Reactions: Lanny
And to be clear the opposition is based on possible pollution from fuel storage:

“I want to know, to whom do we seek an apology when our wells become contaminated and we can’t sell our homes?” asked Hugh Ghiringhell. “To whom do we come to ask for an apology when the value of the homes that are around this are going to plummet by at least 50 percent?”

“This is a rural part of Loudoun County and once it goes away, you can’t get it back,” said Ken Kukovich. “All of our constituents live downstream from that, and would like to experience the rural aspect of Loudoun County.”

But a few said the gas station would be an improvement to a major entrance to Loudoun County."

Public Opposition Continues to Rt. 15 Gas Station Plan

That location is not at all consistent with the normal Supercharger location nearer more heavily traveled highways, or now urban centers. No way.

And Tesla map projects 2019 in Leesburg. At the outlet mall is the likely location in Loudoun -- and they already have some Chademos and J1772s. But parking gets tight there even at the edges so that isn't ideal either. They will probably have to find a Sheetz on the edges of town.

And to be clear the opposition is based on possible pollution from fuel storage:

“I want to know, to whom do we seek an apology when our wells become contaminated and we can’t sell our homes?” asked Hugh Ghiringhell. “To whom do we come to ask for an apology when the value of the homes that are around this are going to plummet by at least 50 percent?”

“This is a rural part of Loudoun County and once it goes away, you can’t get it back,” said Ken Kukovich. “All of our constituents live downstream from that, and would like to experience the rural aspect of Loudoun County.”

But a few said the gas station would be an improvement to a major entrance to Loudoun County."

Public Opposition Continues to Rt. 15 Gas Station Plan

That location is not at all consistent with the normal Supercharger location nearer more heavily traveled highways, or now urban centers. No way.

And Tesla map projects 2019 in Leesburg. At the outlet mall is the likely location in Loudoun -- and they already have some Chademos and J1772s. But parking gets tight there even at the edges so that isn't ideal either. They will probably have to find a Sheetz on the edges of town.

The only Sheetz I'm aware of in that area happens to be right across the street (Rt.15) from the Outlets... and it's a small location with limited parking and congested access in and out, wouldn't be a great supercharger location, unfortunately.