TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

NH Charging Corridors from VW Settlement

Discussion in 'New England' started by RiverBrick, Jan 31, 2020.

1. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

This is separate from Electrify America projects in Seabrook (open) or planned (1-2 NH locations as part of the I-93/I-89 corridor between Boston and the Canadian border North of Burlington, VT).

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/01/29/new-hampshire-to-get-6-new-ev-fast-charging-corridors/

I hope they get the mix of 208V and 400V right. Right now, if available, I would use my CHAdeMO adapter in Lincoln due to the Supercharger there being down. I would also have occasion to use CHAdeMO in other places for as long as the North Conway and Lyndon/St-Johnsbury Superchargers don't materialize. Of course, it would be better if they just added a 3rd plug for Teslas to the DCFC units since the number of Teslas dwarfs the number of CCS and CHAdeMO capable cars in the USA.

• Like x 1
  2. tga

tga Supporting Member

From the article:
    None of the states are, because you can't allocate more than 15% of the state's settlement funds to EV charging infrastructure, per terms of the settlement agreement. NH is allocating 15%, the max allowed.
    See: https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2017-10/documents/faq-ben.pdf, FAQ 4.8
    Lebanon City Council Agenda, 1/22/2020:
    9. NEW BUSINESS
    B. Electric Vehicle Charging Station Lease
    Authorization for the City Manager to enter into a lease agreement with Electrify America for placement of an Electric Vehicle Charging Station in a portion of the parking area along Taylor Street, Lebanon.
    Documents: 2020-01-22_Item.0.9.B-ELECTRIFY AMERICA LEASE.Pdf

• Informative x 3
  3. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

• Like x 2