Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NHTSA Opened Up the Model S Battery Pack - Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The part that I am stuck on is in the case that there a re 7000+ sells in the 85kWH battery pack that would mean 7000*3.6v=25,000v+ going off of the batteries stated on https://www.akkuteile.de/tpl/download/NCR-18650BF.pdf (90KWH Battery Current / Voltage and degradation vs 85KWH). Even with AAA or AA cells that would still be 12,500v. How does it reduce it to around 300v, or does it use 0.04v cells? I'm not that well versed in electronics but I know that adding batteries together adds their voltages.

IIRC adding them in a series adds voltages, adding them in parallel doesn't, but it does add the amps. So, the Tesla battery pack does both; some circuits are in series and some in parallel adding both voltage and amperage. It doesn't get anywhere near 12000V. Look at your battery ID sticker. It tells you the volts; it depends on size and model but it typically runs from ~300 V - 400V.

IIRC adding them in a series adds voltages, adding them in parallel doesn't, but it does add the amps. So, the Tesla battery pack does both; some circuits are in series and some in parallel adding both voltage and amperage. It doesn't get anywhere near 12000V. Look at your battery ID sticker. It tells you the volts; it depends on size and model but it typically runs from ~300 V - 400V.
Oooohh, okay, Thank you. I completely forgot about wiring in parallel as opposed to series.