Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Niagara Falls Hotel charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning a trip to Pennsylvania and back next week and was thinking of spending overnight in Niagara Falls.

My plan is to leave Toronto, drive to Niagara Falls, stay overnight in a hotel and charge at the hotel overnight on a 240 so I can leave the next morning with a full charge, which should allow me to get to Binghamton either without stopping, or a for 5 minute splash on the way. (I need to be in Pa early so getting 90 minutes of driving out of the way the night before will make it much easier the next morning).

I thought there would be a number of hotels in Niagara Falls that would provide for some form of destination charging but when I checked the PlugShare app all I came up with was a couple of hotels with a single Wall charger.

Anyone have some experience with a decent Niagara Falls hotel (preferably on the Canadian side but US side would be ok as well) where I could plug in and charge to full overnight?

Thanx in advance.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Looking at the PlugShare map I noticed several options, for example the Niagara Falls Amtrak Station provides one free J-1772,

I would recommend installing different Charging Apps on your phone and to look around for an available location
because it is difficult to predict which location will be free.

May be take a small bike or scooter in case it would be too far away from your hotel,
because even if your hotel may have a charger, it is first come, first served.

Last edited:
One thing to note is the border crossing. At one point, it took upwards of an hour sitting in the heat (a/c running). It may nullify enough of your planning (and charge) to have to add a dash and go somewhere in between. Have a look at an app to see how traffic is going through the border. At this point, I think there's supposed to be a Supercharger going in somewhere near the border this year (on Tesla time, of course). Binghampton, by my experience was too far a stretch without any contingency (especially because of the mountains and traffic flow/construction). Stop at Syracuse instead and it'll get you to down to around Tannersville. Now, that said, are you going across 90 or going through the more direct route past Corning on 86 (never tried it)?

I'll be curious about which route you take and your experience. Please note your times and highlight any issues if you take 86 - I'd like to know.

Planning a trip to Pennsylvania and back next week and was thinking of spending overnight in Niagara Falls.

My plan is to leave Toronto, drive to Niagara Falls, stay overnight in a hotel and charge at the hotel overnight on a 240 so I can leave the next morning with a full charge, which should allow me to get to Binghamton either without stopping, or a for 5 minute splash on the way. (I need to be in Pa early so getting 90 minutes of driving out of the way the night before will make it much easier the next morning).

I thought there would be a number of hotels in Niagara Falls that would provide for some form of destination charging but when I checked the PlugShare app all I came up with was a couple of hotels with a single Wall charger.

Anyone have some experience with a decent Niagara Falls hotel (preferably on the Canadian side but US side would be ok as well) where I could plug in and charge to full overnight?

Thanx in advance.
I'd suggest staying in Niagara on the Lake instead of the falls. There are a bunch of charging options in that area both public and at hotels. We often take a day trip down and stop at the wineries with stations. The White Oaks has a charging station, also the Hilton Garden Inn across the hwy from the Oaks has 2. There is a good outlet mall across from the Oaks. There are a few options at hotels in downtown Niagara on the lake.

Good luck!

Thx. My ultimate destination is my son’s camp not far from Honesdale Pa. I have done this trip many many times in my ICE car but this will be the first time in the 3.

Waze typically takes me through Mt Morris on the back roads for a significant chunk which seems to save some time.

Based on abetterouteplanner, because my plan is get to camp, and then shortly thereafter turn around and drive back (not staying overnight and no charging while I am there) I need to get to camp with about 50% in order to be able to turn around and get back to the Binghamton SC to get home.

Leaving from Toronto on a full charge (96% more or less) it looks like I can get to the honesdale area with about 50% by stopping for sure 2x and conservatively 3x.

I was hoping that if I stay overnight in Niagara Falls (hang around etc) and leave with a full charge I might be able to make it straight to Binghamton SC but I think that will be way stressful and cutting it very close (my wife will be in the car with me) so I may need a quick stop on the way.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Thx. My ultimate destination is my son’s camp not far from Honesdale Pa. I have done this trip many many times in my ICE car but this will be the first time in the 3.

Waze typically takes me through Mt Morris on the back roads for a significant chunk which seems to save some time.

Based on abetterouteplanner, because my plan is get to camp, and then shortly thereafter turn around and drive back (not staying overnight and no charging while I am there) I need to get to camp with about 50% in order to be able to turn around and get back to the Binghamton SC to get home.

Leaving from Toronto on a full charge (96% more or less) it looks like I can get to the honesdale area with about 50% by stopping for sure 2x and conservatively 3x.

I was hoping that if I stay overnight in Niagara Falls (hang around etc) and leave with a full charge I might be able to make it straight to Binghamton SC but I think that will be way stressful and cutting it very close (my wife will be in the car with me) so I may need a quick stop on the way.

The good news is that you should still be able to take the Mt. Morris route - there's a Supercharger at Corning as well as in Scranton. There's also one near Rochester. If you're familiar with the route, I would say try it and see how it goes.

The good news is that you should still be able to take the Mt. Morris route - there's a Supercharger at Corning as well as in Scranton. There's also one near Rochester. If you're familiar with the route, I would say try it and see how it goes.
Lol, Scranton....I wish The Office was still playing and did an episode with Michael Scott getting a Tesla. There are a million tropes and jokes that could be had. From him being clueless about how it works, to acting like an over the top EV owner 'saving the world'

Anyone seen the SouthPark episode where everyone gets a Prius and the country is overrun by 'smug' in place of smog? Worth looking up if you haven't.

Thread hijacked, you're welcome :cool:

Correctional institutes! (Yes, I know it well).
For some reason, abetterouteplanner keeps directing me outbound from Toronto not through Buffalo, but to take the Thruway go through Batavia, Henrietta / and charge at the SC in Victor NY and then through Syracuse on to Binghamton and charge in Binghamton, but to go a different route on the way home.
On the way back, it says to go back to Binghamton to charge but instead of going back up through Cortland, Syracuse etc, it tells me go through Vestal, Elmira, and charge in Erwin NY (which I believe is Corning), then Grimsby Ontario and back home.

For some reason, abetterouteplanner keeps directing me outbound from Toronto not through Buffalo, but to take the Thruway go through Batavia, Henrietta / and charge at the SC in Victor NY and then through Syracuse on to Binghamton and charge in Binghamton, but to go a different route on the way home.
On the way back, it says to go back to Binghamton to charge but instead of going back up through Cortland, Syracuse etc, it tells me go through Vestal, Elmira, and charge in Erwin NY (which I believe is Corning), then Grimsby Ontario and back home.

Odd, but possibly to do with the mountains? Maybe one way is more uphill than the other?

Download "PlugShare" mobile app and zoom in to Niagara Falls area and then zoom out to see all the chargers nearby, you will see addresses, site pictures and reviews, charger types and output amperage, cost etc... I used it when I was at Niagara Falls and the information was pretty much accurate. I hope this helps.