Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nice shot of my car with 20" Avant Garde Niche M117 Wheel

Would you consider getting after market wheels?

• Yes

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaPic2_small_Groschi.png
Hey guys,

I've had these wheels for about a year now and couldn't be happier with them. I think they look absolutely amazing and I also strongly believe that 20" are the PERFECT size for the Model S. 21"s compromise the comfort too much imo, and base rims are just way too small and boring. My tires are also quite a bit wider in case you're curious. I have 265s in the rear and 235s in the front. They make the handling of this car also quite a bit better with sticky Continental Contact Sports.

Anyways, just wanted to share this pic I took today. I thought it came out great ;)

Reactions: Doanster1
They looks great!! I prefer them over my M117s but my shop didn't have the 116s when I was there so I just went with the M117s. Might get new ones next year. Did you have any fitment issues with the stock TPMS? They had to cut the stems of mine shorter.
No issues whatsoever. Plenty of space inside/out so not sure what your shop hand issue with. There’s nothing special about the TPMS. How can the stems be cut and still function? If the shortened the outside, then there are no threads left for the caps? Something doesn’t sound right...

No issues whatsoever. Plenty of space inside/out so not sure what your shop hand issue with. There’s nothing special about the TPMS. How can the stems be cut and still function? If the shortened the outside, then there are no threads left for the caps? Something doesn’t sound right...

Because these wheels are a bit odd. The valves are in a weird place so that they are not visible on the face of the rim. When they first installed it in front of my eyes and pulled the car out of the shop there was a *POP* and both rear tires where flat. Why? Because the TPMS stem was getting stuck/hit and that caused the issue. On the front wheels there was a similar issue if I remember right.

But since then, everything has worked fine.

Because these wheels are a bit odd. The valves are in a weird place so that they are not visible on the face of the rim. When they first installed it in front of my eyes and pulled the car out of the shop there was a *POP* and both rear tires where flat. Why? Because the TPMS stem was getting stuck/hit and that caused the issue. On the front wheels there was a similar issue if I remember right.

But since then, everything has worked fine.
There are TWO valve stem openings per wheel. The backside/hidden one your shop used and the front/normal location one. Using the latter will pose no clearance issues.

I voted yes, but mainly because the 21" turbines are not properly directional and that's an annoyance for me.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with the factory turbines.

Fair enough. Personally I just think the turbines are not worth the money and I am not a fan of 21"s here in LA. I like to have that extra rubber plus on of my rims cost $250. I scratched one this weekend because an old parking structure in LA had too tight turns, I just could not make it without scratching a wheel a bit and it didn't bother me. With turbines I'd flip ;)

View attachment 329031 Hey guys,

I've had these wheels for about a year now and couldn't be happier with them. I think they look absolutely amazing and I also strongly believe that 20" are the PERFECT size for the Model S. 21"s compromise the comfort too much imo, and base rims are just way too small and boring. My tires are also quite a bit wider in case you're curious. I have 265s in the rear and 235s in the front. They make the handling of this car also quite a bit better with sticky Continental Contact Sports.

Anyways, just wanted to share this pic I took today. I thought it came out great ;)

clean. personally, i think it'd look better matte black.

also, "wheels" not "rims" ;)