Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nine dollars and seventy-five cents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the work we do just to get the signal. I've done some wild things years ago, like putting a router in a plastic bottle pushing POE and hanging it in a tree for coverage around my neighborhood. We also used pringle cans to boost the direction of signals. That was back when I was installing computers into cars, running netstumbler ect...

View attachment 592227 View attachment 592228

yeah, well back in my day the internet came in the mail, on a CD. And we had to call it with a phone that was attached to the house!

You know, if you are parked in the lot of a service center, your car has most likely connected to the TeslaService wifi. Now, back in the day, that alone was enough to trigger a software update. Alas, it no longer does it. But any pending updates will certainly download quickly.

So yes, if you go into the service center, by the time you get to see a repair rep odds are that queue'd download will already be done.

Are you sure it doesn’t still trigger the update? During our summer road trip, we stopped at the Supercharger in Salt Lake City. That one’s at a service center, and I almost immediately got prompted to do a SW update. Given that I was over 2000 miles from home, I politely declined the offer. I did attribute it to being connected to Tesla’s WiFi; the timing was way too coincidental.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
And we had to pay for it by the minute!

Man, my AoL bills used to be huge back in the day.
OMG, I just busted out laughing. You had a Yugo? OMG. Well, let me tell ya. One of the best features about that car was the rear window defogger. That was the best way to keep your hands warm while pushing...
Anyway. I remember seeing all the creative ideas people were doing with the CD's.
upload_2020-10-5_10-35-52.png

OMG, I just busted out laughing. You had a Yugo? OMG. Well, let me tell ya. One of the best features about that car was the rear window defogger. That was the best way to keep your hands warm while pushing...
Anyway. I remember seeing all the creative ideas people were doing with the CD's.
View attachment 595575
We used to have CD olympics at work with events like who could roll a CD the furthest, relay races where you need to transfer a CD from pencil to pencil and more! Good times.

PS did you know that with proper technique you can launch a CD to roll well over 100 feet?

• Informative
Reactions: Darmie