Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you advise whether resetting the trip meter also resets the efficiency meter? And what screen the effiiciency meter is on. I found the screens a bit unfamiliar to navigate.

I do know that heating hits range. But when there are elevation changes that end up a net zero (remember I started from the dealership and ended at the dealership) the elevation changes should have very little impact if regen is well implemented.

I hope no one buys that overpriced LEAF. I doubt a second owner can claim the tax credit, and the way he's trying to imply that the disaster in Japan damaged LEAF's is less than honest. From what I've read no LEAF's were damaged.

Perhaps no Leafs were damaged, but we don't know how it's going to affect production. There are something like 1,600 that left Japan ready for delivery in the US before the disaster. Once those are delivered, what will the delay be for the next batch of cars to leave Japan?

I know someone who was offered $70,000 for his Leaf before the disaster. He declined the offer.

A product in high demand and low supply can be sold for a pretty high price. It only takes two nuts to drive an eBay auction into the stratosphere. I watched an auction for a 7-year-old, out of warranty, RAV4-EV go up to $89,200 in May of 2008. (The top bidder flaked, so it sold for only $69,850.)

First Major Shipment of Nissan LEAFs Arrives in U.S. | PluginCars.com
...Together these ships are bringing more than 1,500 Nissan Leafs to America...
...with this delivery, Nissan will cross multiple milestones. The ...Toyota RAV4 EV was one of the most beloved EVs of the EV1-era of vehicles; only 328 RAV4 EVs were sold to the public. Tesla has produced a total of 1,200 of its wicked fast Roadsters. But now, production of the LEAF has surpassed both of these iconic electric vehicles. Along with the prior 3,657 LEAF sales (mostly in Japan), this puts the LEAF over the 5,000 production mark—and makes the LEAF one of the highest volume production electric vehicles in history. And Nissan is just getting started...

Have they passed the "more than all others put together" point? Sounds like their global sales might have.

At the end of Feb ...

leafsales.png

What is the number we are looking for ?

With the announcment of pricing for the Leaf in Canada yesterday they also included some details about the cold weatehr package that are interesting.

-Battery heater system
-Front and rear heated seats and heated steering wheel
-Dual power, heated outside mirrors and real spoiler

source: http://green.autoblog.com/2011/03/30/2011-nissan-leaf-price-38395-canada/

At $40k it's quite a bit more than the US pricing, can a battery heater really cost that much?

I think it's time that the auto makers learn that comms are basically now global...they can no longer hide behind the curtain of "what we don't know (consumers) can't hurt them with respect to their regional pricing stategies...given the CAD's parity with the USD, if the Leaf is manufactured in Japan, there is no valid reason that I can think of for the Leaf to cost around 25% more in Canada!

Subtract the $8500 Ontario EV rebate and you get $30,000. Sounds like they want to completely absorb the rebate as profit, and screw the customers.

I think it's time that the auto makers learn that comms are basically now global...they can no longer hide behind the curtain of "what we don't know (consumers) can't hurt them with respect to their regional pricing stategies...given the CAD's parity with the USD, if the Leaf is manufactured in Japan, there is no valid reason that I can think of for the Leaf to cost around 25% more in Canada!

Or that it should cost 45% more in Japan !!!

I test drove a Leaf in February and was impressed. Now looking at the location and size of the battery I’m wondering if larger/denser temperature controlled battery could be an option for it. It doesn’t look too hard considering how small a space the current one takes and would help ease the range anxiety heard about the Leaf.