Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There certainly is room for more cells even with the same density, and the LEAF's destined for cooler climates are coming with heated packs. Much of the range anxiety with the LEAF is because their range estimation software seems to a bit inaccurate, and because people translate the 100 mile range from the LA4 cycle as 100 miles range no matter what.

Does anyone have recent UK sales figures for the Leaf? I saw one in the Farnborough (Hants) area this morning - possibly the rarest car I've ever noticed?
I've not been able to get any EU Leaf sale figures ...

update : May be one of these ?

http://newsroom.nissan-europe.com/uk/en-gb/Media/Media.aspx?mediaid=79149

SUNDERLAND, UK (March 24, 2011)- Fourteen people today took delivery of a 100% electric Nissan LEAF each as part of their participation in Switch EV, a major electric vehicle test drive in North East England.

Last edited:
Car sales figures for the Netherlands for the first three months of this year.

http://www.bovag.nl/media/20110404%20personenautoverkopen%20maart%202011.pdf

Citroen C-Zero: 5
Mitsubishi iMiev: 35
Tesla Roadster: 17
Peugeot Ion: 11
Th!nk: 11
Nissan Leaf: 20

99 EV's on a total of about 180'000 cars registered. There is some work ahead...

17 Roadsters in 3 months is not bad compared to 8 Roadsters in the first 3 months of 2010...

Last edited:
Saw this in Redwood City today:
attachment.php?attachmentid=1616&d=1302714726.jpg

Attachments

• leafs1.jpg
    leafs1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 660
Nissan Will Repair all LEAFs for Start-up Problem
Nissan said on Friday it would repair 5,300 of its Nissan LEAF electric cars for a software glitch that has caused occasional problems in restarting after switching the motor off.
Nissan has found that the problem is the Vehicle Control Module, and affects ‘a very small proportion’ of the Nissan LEAFs in the market today. Still, repair campaign will cover all 5,300 LEAF vehicles sold in Japan, North America and Europe.

Approximately 500 Nissan LEAF customer vehicles in the U.S. are affected by this campaign. In an effort to minimize the inconvenience to these customers a message will be sent through the on-board telematics system early next week prompting the owners to contact their Nissan dealer to arrange reprogramming of the software to address this issue.

Nissan will also contact potentially affected owners through traditional channels to inform them about this issue.

http://electriccarsreport.com/2011/04/chevy-volt-nissan-leaf-post-march-sales/ Nissan sold 298 Leafs in March and has sold 452 units and 3,300 units in Japan (through February) since it launched the vehicle in December...

As the volume of these firmware-controlled cars increased, the manufacturers must switch to over-the-air updates. I manage a few thousand servers around the world, and without the ability to remotely update support would get very expensive.

Yes, and if you see a warning light leave the car on until you can get out of traffic to do the disconnect, don't try to cycle it off and on to reset it. I'm a bit surprised that some people tried to do that on the road. If I see a warning light on any vehicle I'm getting off the road before I try to deal with it.

As the volume of these firmware-controlled cars increased, the manufacturers must switch to over-the-air updates. I manage a few thousand servers around the world, and without the ability to remotely update support would get very expensive.

How about using a system via the car stereo? The manufacturer mails out a disc and you load it into the CD-player?

How about using a system via the car stereo? The manufacturer mails out a disc and you load it into the CD-player?

Still a hassle to mail all those CDs (or USB keys). More importantly, hard to know when (or if) the upgrade has been done. That, I think, is a major part of any 'recall' - ensuring that the fix is deployed.

Kind of what I do for my day job. Releasing an update is fine, but the hard part is ensuring it gets deployed.

Nissan sees big April sales boost for electric Leaf | detnews.com | The Detroit News
Brian Carolin, senior vice president of sales and marketing for Nissan North America Inc., said that by the end of April, Nissan will have sold about 900 in the United States.

Through the first three months of sales in 2011, Nissan sold just under 500 Leafs in the United States.
Carolin foresees no troubles meeting demand for the Leaf for the rest of the year, despite the natural disaster in Japan. "I think we're going to be fine this year on the Leaf," Carolin told reporters on the sidelines of a conference here ahead of the New York International Auto Show.
Nissan sent about 600 Leafs to the United States just before the March 11 calamity.
Carolin expects total U.S. Leaf sales for 2011 to be "a little north" of 10,000. Nissan closed a waiting list after 20,000 people made refundable deposits. Another 340,000 interested people have registered on a Nissan website.
The company vows to get Leafs into the driveways of all those who reserved one by the end of the summer...

Uhhh..... So who's bad at math? 20k reservations, total 2011 sales expected to be just over 10k, yet they're going to get a Leaf into the driveway of everyone who reserved one by end of summer? Last I checked, 10k < 20k. Overpromise and Underdeliver - way to go Nissan.

Uhhh..... So who's bad at math? 20k reservations, total 2011 sales expected to be just over 10k, yet they're going to get a Leaf into the driveway of everyone who reserved one by end of summer? Last I checked, 10k < 20k. Overpromise and Underdeliver - way to go Nissan.
If I recall correctly, the 20k is worldwide. The 10k is explicitly US only according to the article.