Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Town hall video ... from one Brit to another ... I found his talk somewhat condescending ... refuses to acknowledge liquid cooling as an answer.
Other Brits might think he's a bit of a w4nk3r. Excuse my profanity :)
The audience were not sold.
As for Jonathan Ross's brother.
Almost makes me want to go home!
He does not mention the price of the car in the UK, nor do we have Tesla pricing.
VAT at 20%. Ouch. But diesel at £1.?? per liter. OUCH!
I've always maintained that it's far better to buy / drive a luxury / performance car in UK/ Europe as you can drive it.
In the USA, prices are usually far less expensive ... but you can't drive it!
Speed limits need raising. And the average US driver is awful compared to Europe (IMO).
Fast forward 2 years and let me open up my S on the Autostrada, Motorway, Autoroute or Autobahn ... yeah!
Oh, but my warranty will be void shipping it over there. :(

There are new Leafs on sale for £17,999 today in the UK. That's £5k below MRSP after the government's £5k is taken into account. So someone is subsidising that and I expect it is Nissan.
Subsidizing EVs by the company is actually a smart move. More EV drivers lead to more charging stations, more charging stations lead to more EV drivers. It always seemed the chicken and egg problem that would need some sort of jump start. Plus when you consider that most people, after going electric never go back, you're building a permanent customer base.

this car is polluting the roads with its ugliness

I'd admit that the LEAF could have looked a bit more, shall we say, "conventional" but, that's just harsh. I'm glad to see a lot of LEAFs on the road and in the carpool lanes these days. More power to Nissan for being the first of the major manufacturers to get out there with a decent BEV.

The US LEAF is bigger?
Hmm... Sorry, looks like I mixed up Leaf with i-MiEV.

i-MiEV:
The U.S.-only version is enlarged, has redesigned front and rear bumpers, and includes more features than the Japanese and European versions in order to meet crash standards, government mandates, and the preferences of the U.S. consumers.

Probably Leaf is same in US and rest of the world...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kf6oak/sets/72157633068437495/

8583911158_e3326e6457_c.jpg

this car is polluting the roads with its ugliness
Please do not make comments like this about my / the Leaf.
Not until I have somehow gotten rid of mine. :)
Then you can insult it all you want!

Seriously, though, what amazed me was that, in the 10 months of driving mine, I couldn't believe how many positive comments I got from both genders.

I would reply "the ugliest car on the planet but the most practical. And they disagree about the ugliness. To each their own.

Should mention mine is available for sublease for short time.