Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ Charge Up 22?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Flat6

Feb 20, 2022
NJ
Hi all,
I'm currently debating between a Mach E and a Model 3 LR.

My household has 2 other vehicles (minivan + sports car) so not too concerned about range as the minivan will be used for long trips, nor performance (quite happy with my cayman).

So $ is a factor in this case. Mach E is cheaper initially especially after the 7500 tax credit. However if NJ was to offer another credit this year, that would help and if its 5K, probably bring the tesla to a premium over the ford that I'm happy paying.

Has anyone heard whether there will be a credit this year? I can't find any mention online.

Thanks!

I don't need the space of the Y, as the minivan will be handling my people and cargo hauling. 3 is mainly for commuting and local trips.

Also I prefer sedans to cross overs so if theres a choice Id elect for sedan option.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Has anyone heard whether there will be a credit this year?

Gambling on a tax credit is not a good idea. In any case, wouldn’t the credit also be available for the Mach E? My suggestion is to consider which car best meets you needs, cost and delivery timeframe. In the case of Tesla’s delivery dates are kind of a joke. And while I love my Tesla their customer service really sucks.

Gambling on a tax credit is not a good idea. In any case, wouldn’t the credit also be available for the Mach E? My suggestion is to consider which car best meets you needs, cost and delivery timeframe. In the case of Tesla’s delivery dates are kind of a joke. And while I love my Tesla their customer service really sucks.

I'm assuming that I wouldn't be able to pull off the Mach E credit (from my understanding I need to both order and receive the vehicle during the period, which is only a few months long, which will be highly unlikely). The Tesla Model 3 wait list is shorter (at least according to the site, but as you mentioned this is also a gamble), but at least it is a more likely option.

In any case, I've decided to wait till the Summer to see if NJ re-instates the credit... there is a chance Musk will increase the model 3 price by then, but given the potential credit I'm willing to take that gamble.