Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Help me decide: Model Y or Mach-E

@pepperoni Did your Mach-E ever get built and delivered?

So I ordered a MYLR August 2021 which got delivered early Feb 2022. I put in two Mach-E orders on Oct 1st and both are scheduled but ETA is July/August and who really knows with the chip and part shortages. That's almost a full year.
Yes, early April they marked it as built and shipped, and was scheduled to arrive end of April. I ended up going back to the Ford dealer and getting my $500 deposit back. I did briefly entertain buying it and selling either the Tesla or Mach-E after driving both for a month. I could have easily profited either way, but in the end I just didn’t want to deal with the hassle. I’ll bet the Ford dealership appreciated getting and extra car they could sell. Markups are currently $15K, and Ford isn’t even selling the Route 1 anymore for the rest of the year.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC