Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ Delivery Postponed Indefinitely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the car last week (Springfield) and honestly was in way better condition than I expected. Went through the whole checklist and could not find any major issues. VIN 30xxx.

I do however have a slight drum rolling noise under 25 MPH and it goes away at high speeds. I suspect it has to do with the alignment out of the factory. Service appointment scheduled for Friday.

Anyways, does anyone know how long NJ takes to process new plates?

Reactions: Reborn

Congratulations on the near perfect MY.

It usually takes 2-3 weeks when it's being registered by the dealership or in this situation by Tesla. They should ship license plates and registration closer to your temp exp. date, but because of COVID who knows if it's not gonna be little longer since NJ MVC is so behind in a lot of cars registrations.

My temp plates expire next week and I still don't have plates.
Anyone else experiencing delays?

I asked about temp plates on delivery day. My SA said that due to COVID that the temp plates would be valid until the end of the year and to not worry about the expiration date. He said once the service center receives the plates that they Fedex them to your mailing address. At least we get to drive around without a front plate for a little longer ;)

Picked up the car last week (Springfield) and honestly was in way better condition than I expected. Went through the whole checklist and could not find any major issues. VIN 30xxx.

I do however have a slight drum rolling noise under 25 MPH and it goes away at high speeds. I suspect it has to do with the alignment out of the factory. Service appointment scheduled for Friday.

Could the sound be the PWS?

I asked about temp plates on delivery day. My SA said that due to COVID that the temp plates would be valid until the end of the year and to not worry about the expiration date. He said once the service center receives the plates that they Fedex them to your mailing address. At least we get to drive around without a front plate for a little longer ;)

I had my 3 for 9 months (before totaled) without front plates. I took a gamble but I didn’t have issues.

If you have the 19 inch wheels, it may be the cover. There are a few posts about this here.