Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery location is 365 miles away!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Cape Elizabeth< Me, and have take3n delivery of two Teslas, one in March 2019 and one in June 2022. If you take delivery in Mass. they will charge you a sales tax and Maine will charge you another sales tax when you register the vehicle. There is an easy solution. I took delivery in Mt, Kisco N. Y. and Tesla provided me with a N.Y. Transit plate so I could drive the car back to Cape Elizabeth, Me. Allstate, my insurance company was fine with this and covered my Tesla upon delivery. N.Y. doesn't charge a sales tax on transit vehicles delivered ink N.Y. Tesla Mt. Kisco knew exactly what documents I needed to register the vehicle in Maine and that worked fine when I registered the car at Town Hall the next day. One more item. Tesla charhed my new car to 80%, which was their policy. Going home there are Tesla superchargers at the Service Plaza on the Mass. Turnpike which is only a couple miles after you enter the turnpike from I 84 headed East. If you charge up there you should be able to get home, If you need a boost there are superchargers on the Maine Turnpike around mile 24.

Did the same thing with a used vehicle I bought at a dealership across the border in AZ. They have a guy drive the vehicle to the border, they have you sign the papers where you "bought" it and he is picked up by another car. They never leave the state but you don't drive it in from outside CA.