Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No audio bug in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this or a similar bug. I have found that if I set Sentry Mode to be on automatically, a few days later I will lose all audio. A reboot of the screen will sometimes fix the audio. Often it takes sleeping overnight to get the audio back.

If I have automatic Sentry Mode off in the settings, the problem does not happen. Sentry Mode still works by tapping the icon at the top of the screen every time I park.

I have not tested this bug behavior in the 2020.44.10 software version yet.

This happened to me last week, I was sat in the car parked up for about an hour or so waiting for someone with the radio on, all of a sudden the audio cut-out, I thought nothing of it and drove off, then I realised there was no indicator sounds or warning chimes or navigation audio.

I performed a steering wheel buttons reset and it all came back to normal.

I had this happen again last week. Performed a reset with the steering wheel buttons and the audio came back. My software has been updated since the last time this occurred. I did notice that both times the loss of audio occurred I was receiving an incoming phone call. I couldn't hear the person calling and then noticed that all audio including blinkers, radio, navigation & safety features were inoperative. Wondering if anyone else has noticed if their audio stopped working after a phone call, or if it's just a random audio cut out?

I had this happen again last week. Performed a reset with the steering wheel buttons and the audio came back. My software has been updated since the last time this occurred. I did notice that both times the loss of audio occurred I was receiving an incoming phone call. I couldn't hear the person calling and then noticed that all audio including blinkers, radio, navigation & safety features were inoperative. Wondering if anyone else has noticed if their audio stopped working after a phone call, or if it's just a random audio cut out?
Yes I’ve had this happen to me more recently. The hands-free is really rubbish at the moment with no audio when it connects. Then the entire sound system vanishes - no indicator sounds nothing. Tesla really needs to fix this as its hugely frustrating to have to hang up on calls and frankly embarrassing such a simple feature isn’t reliable in 2020.

• Funny
Reactions: Kevy Baby
Yes I’ve had this happen to me more recently. The hands-free is really rubbish at the moment with no audio when it connects. Then the entire sound system vanishes - no indicator sounds nothing. Tesla really needs to fix this as its hugely frustrating to have to hang up on calls and frankly embarrassing such a simple feature isn’t reliable in 2020.
I know: a highly complex system cannot operate 100% perfectly with zero flaws EVER: that is just unacceptable. With all the other electric cars out there outperforming Tesla with their superior range, lower cost, and zero issues, Tesla is surely doomed.

• Funny
Reactions: Sophias_dad