Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No autopilot convenience features 2015 90D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my screen

Attachments

• 13DB9730-6C6C-426A-8252-C07AF7B76853.jpeg
    13DB9730-6C6C-426A-8252-C07AF7B76853.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 144
So when I go to the web site it says
My online login shows: You have all of the eligible software upgrades
But that is not true, the service tech had to call mission control and verify the car and give me options for upgrade. Both my app and web site are worthless to me on upgrading. He had no clue why my upgrades were not shown.

Last edited:
My app still shows error when I select upgrade. Interested why the Tesla tech originally said I could have fsd for 5k. The service center in Las Vegas was very helpful and actually came out to the car and showed me some of the items and the car and confirmed the car didn’t have autopilot. I guess several new owners have paid and later realized they already had autopilot.

2015 90D? You mean 2015 85D or 2016 90D? I don’t recall a 90D was an option when I got mine in July 2015.

my 2015 75D has AP1. I activated after purchase over the air. I added it using Tesla.com my account page and not via the app

I bought my car just after AP was separated from the tech package (the rest of the tech package features became standard). I paid either $2000 or $2500 (I don't remember) but it was well worth it to me. I have 175,000 miles on it and the vast majority of them on AP.
So, does anyone know the build date of when AP and the Tech Package separated? Also, when it was the Tech Package and not standard, what did it include and how much did it cost? Sorry, I just found that information. April 10, 2015. Still would like to know what the Tech Package included.

Last edited:
Short answer is yes. Tech package option ($4,250 USD) went away (in US) on April 10th 2015, which was before 90KWh battery was introduced. So I don't think you're going to find any US S90D with tech package, unless they were born as 85D and had their battery replaced (though outside of US it might be different?) . Any cars ordered after that date, had AutoPilot Convenience Package as a separate option. Some options from tech package became standard, some part of premium package, and autopilot functionality was separate as ACP. IIRC ACP was ~$2,500 USD.

Teslas fly quiet nicely without autopilot :D. $2,500 USD is a lot of money to pay for something if you are not planning on using it (remember also that AP was still in it's diaper stages at the time). That said, good news for you is that that if this functionality is worth $2,500 USD to you, I believe you can still pay Tesla to enable it. Call them up.

PS> It sounds like you bought the car from private party, so I would check with the seller just in case, whether their car had ACP, on the small chance that it got stripped during ownership transfer. I wouldn't get your hopes up though, very small chance.
Does anyone know, besides autopilot, what the Tech Package included? The panoramic sunroof?