Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No cameras, no GPS, no sleep, sometimes gets stuck in night/dark mode

shingles

Feb 23, 2021
Texas, USA
Yesterday morning, like all weekday mornings, wife took car to drop sun off at day car. She noticed that none of the cameras worked and that GPS was stuck, showing that it's at home. When it gets stuck on night mode/dark mode, it dims all the rear view mirrors (internal and external).

I've already schedule an appointment with service, but thought I'd check and see if anyone had suggestions other than things I've tried.

So far I've tried:
Rebooting (2 scroll wheels and 2 scroll wheel + brake pedal)
Rebooting without USB
Changing wheel sizes in the menu
Powering off (Safety & Security Menu, Power Off), wait for 5 minutes, power on.
Charging over night and leaving it alone

I am contemplating doing a factory reset...

Up till yesterday, car had been great, no issues. It's currently driving fine it seems, just no cameras and no GPS. The car refusing to go to sleep is interesting as well, never had a problem with it. I do use Teslafi, but again never had any issues sleeping.

2021 MYP with ~7,000 miles.

koddas

Apr 5, 2020
Melbourne
Had this exact same issue with my Model 3 and a reset of the 12V battery fixed the issue. I just followed this article in conjunction with this YouTube video and it was pretty straight forward in the end.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC