Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No cameras, no GPS, no sleep, sometimes gets stuck in night/dark mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday morning, like all weekday mornings, wife took car to drop sun off at day car. She noticed that none of the cameras worked and that GPS was stuck, showing that it's at home. When it gets stuck on night mode/dark mode, it dims all the rear view mirrors (internal and external).

I've already schedule an appointment with service, but thought I'd check and see if anyone had suggestions other than things I've tried.

So far I've tried:
Rebooting (2 scroll wheels and 2 scroll wheel + brake pedal)
Rebooting without USB
Changing wheel sizes in the menu
Powering off (Safety & Security Menu, Power Off), wait for 5 minutes, power on.
Charging over night and leaving it alone

I am contemplating doing a factory reset...

Up till yesterday, car had been great, no issues. It's currently driving fine it seems, just no cameras and no GPS. The car refusing to go to sleep is interesting as well, never had a problem with it. I do use Teslafi, but again never had any issues sleeping.

2021 MYP with ~7,000 miles.

Had this exact same issue with my Model 3 and a reset of the 12V battery fixed the issue. I just followed this article in conjunction with this YouTube video and it was pretty straight forward in the end.

Yesterday morning, like all weekday mornings, wife took car to drop sun off at day car. She noticed that none of the cameras worked and that GPS was stuck, showing that it's at home. When it gets stuck on night mode/dark mode, it dims all the rear view mirrors (internal and external).

I've already schedule an appointment with service, but thought I'd check and see if anyone had suggestions other than things I've tried.

So far I've tried:
Rebooting without USB

Up till yesterday, car had been great, no issues. It's currently driving fine it seems, just no cameras and no GPS. The car refusing to go to sleep is interesting as well, never had a problem with it. I do use Teslafi, but again never had any issues sleeping.

I had this exact same issue come up yesterday. I've got a 2021 MYSR with ~4,500 miles. What was your ultimate solution? I put in a service ticket today.

Had this happen once... it resolved itself 2 days later randomly in the morning
Yesterday (Wednesday), it just started working perfectly fine. But for those three days, the GPS, cameras, and autopilot didn't work. I did remove my thumbdrive the other day and did some restarts but that didn't appear to resolve anything. However, I left the thumbdrive out and now it works. Not sure if that was part of the solution or not.

Reactions: acatwith12
Yesterday (Wednesday), it just started working perfectly fine. But for those three days, the GPS, cameras, and autopilot didn't work. I did remove my thumbdrive the other day and did some restarts but that didn't appear to resolve anything. However, I left the thumbdrive out and now it works. Not sure if that was part of the solution or not.
Ikr? Stupid bug I don't think anything really fixes it aside from it will fix itself... someday... I *do* wish it was easier to do a full restart of the computer system

Reactions: FinsToTheSouth

So far I've tried:
Rebooting without USB

I have this exact same issue! Have you ever had yours resolved?