TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No connection with Tesla app ios

Discussion in 'Belgium and the Netherlands' started by mrfra62, Aug 22, 2018.

1. mrfra62

mrfra62 Member

Since a few days when I start the iOS Tesla app it tells me the mobile connection is deactivated and not possible. Called Tesla support, car is normal online. They told me to log out of app. Nothing. No positive result. They then told me to deinstall the app and reinstall: no result. Still not possible to access the model X via the app.
    Anybody having the same issue? And does anybody have a solution?
    Thanks.

2. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

The mobile app is experiencing issues at the moment. When you can the 878 number the recording says that as one of the first things. They are working to resolve asap.

3. mrfra62

mrfra62 Member

Thanks for your reply. But the Tesla Plus app iOS (paid app) doesn't work either. It says unable to load vehicle data. Is the Tesla Plus app also affected with issues? Or are issues at the car's end?
    And what do you mean with "number 878" ?

4. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

878 is the equivalent of 1(800) or toll free number for service here in the states. I could've just said the toll free service number. The issue ppears to be server side so any apps should also be affected, official or not.

5. mrfra62

mrfra62 Member

I isolated the problem; in the car there is a feature "Mobile access" It was switch off. I just had the car serviced and apparantly some settings were reset to default. I didnt expect that and nobody (at Tesla service) told me too either. I am just sharing this for all the (new) owners of a Tesla, if they experience similar problems. Thank you all for sharing your suggentions.

6. Geendiesel

Geendiesel Supporting Member

To default... or switched off on purpose to prevent from getting alerts on your phone during service perhaps.
    Also when my car was being fixed after a minor incident they turned off the alarm and forgot to turn it back on. This to my surprise when I was browsing through my settings a week later :confused:

7. mrfra62

mrfra62 Member

Aha ! Turn off on purpose may be the case aswell. Have to remember to check the settings after each service then. And thank you for this tip....will check my alarm settings too.....o_O