TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No Drill Front License Plate Holder

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by immtx76, Aug 10, 2018.

1. immtx76

immtx76 Member

Can anyone recommend a No drill front license plate holder ?

2. silentsnow31802

The stock one

• Like x 4
  3. Nathan S

Nathan S Member

My Model 3 was delivered with one in the trunk. They told me to call when the plates came in.

They came out to my house and put it on while fixing a minor misalignment of the gear shift label.

Turns out the plate holder already had double sided tape on it, no screw holes needed.

4. dimsumx

dimsumx Member

Just remember if you decide to PPF your front end, either stick the holder on first and cut around it or stick it on after and risk that if you decide with a different mount you're gonna rip off the film. That or you'll be ripping off the holder too if you're replacing the film.

5. Massimo99

Massimo99 Member

I purchased and installed the Sto N Sho bop drill holder. Took minutes to install and I personally think it looks great. Totally recommended it.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  6. Brenzo

Brenzo Member

How does that connect under neath the car? Bolt or screw into existing holes or do you have to make them?

7. Massimo99

Massimo99 Member

8. VT_EE

VT_EE Member

Did the stock plate holder come with screws to attach the license plate? The SC put the holder on, and I can't find any screws to mount the plate.

9. Massimo99

Massimo99 Member

The bolts and nuts for the plate had to come with the entire purchase of the plate mount because I left the delivery centre with no front plate mounted
    You said you got the service centre to attach the holder for the Sto N Sho?

10. VT_EE

VT_EE Member

No. The stock plate holder, which is mounted with double sided tape.

11. Baymax3

Baymax3 Member

I had PPF installed and then had an additional small piece the size of the plate holder installed on top of it all. That way if I do remove the plate holder, I won't damage the original PPF install.