Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Frunk Bag Hooks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you tried talking to the parts department instead of a service rep? Normally we just walk to the parts desk to order parts.

I've only been to Burbank Service and I don't believe they have a separate parts desk or department. The last time I got replacement cabin air filters and when I see other people getting parts, it's through the same service reps/service counter. Do other SCs have a separate parts department?

Because they changed the way they are doing it this year? Perhaps because, for the first time, they are shipping overseas? Who knows?

Whatever, you are wrong. Please read this forum before commenting further. Several here have -received- Model 3s with "L". It's right there near the window, on the ownership documents and state registrations. Are you saying that Tesla then retroactively changes the VIN?

Look at tezz.la. Go to the Tesla website. A smattering of new Model 3s show up (and often grabbed quickly). On a few of those, it is advertised as "2020 Model 3". Does Tesla have it wrong too?

It may be there is zero difference between a Model 3 produced in Sept vs Oct. Nevertheless, the new ones are absolutely, without a shadow of doubt, MODEL YEAR 2020.
Let's assume someone on this thread is correct. What am I looking for to determine if my car, order Nov 2019, delivered 12/31/2019 is either a 2019 or 2020? Note: The 10th letter of my VIN is an "L", TIA.

My 2020 Model 3 didn't come with the front hooks but someone made a 3D model (found on Thingiverse) that I printed out and installed this morning. It's not a perfect OEM replacement but if you really need hooks in the frunk this will work.

IMG_0137.JPG

Reactions: house9 and tct118
I just had my mobile service ranger put in a order for the frunk hooks.. guess we will see if they arrive. He sent me a quote for 9.84 including installation.

Wait 9.84? That’s cheap. I thought they’ll charge 20 bucks for parts and 50 bucks for labour.
Dis you order it? Or do they “missed” it at manufacturing and have mobile service retrofit it for you?

found the spring/strut mod for frunk. If there’s grocery hook, these 3 mods would work very well together

Wait 9.84? That’s cheap. I thought they’ll charge 20 bucks for parts and 50 bucks for labour.
Dis you order it? Or do they “missed” it at manufacturing and have mobile service retrofit it for you?

found the spring/strut mod for frunk. If there’s grocery hook, these 3 mods would work very well together
yeah, I told him to order.. he didnt offer to let me install them myself.. its so cheap, I figured i would let him do it :)

frunk.PNG