Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No joke - beta user here received 3 updates in 5 days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Timmy T.

VIN 164xx / LR RWD / EAP / FSD ($2K SALE = SCORE)
May 28, 2018
Georgia
Received 2020.24.5.1 as a part of Early Access program 4 days ago (green stop line and a new icon on top center of screen) but never had a chance to really try anything but one quick ride up the street and back. Then I received the 2020.24.6 update was last night. Never even got into the car today. No clue on that one. And RIGHT NOW an alert for Update 2020.24.6.1 wants to push over. Honestly I haven't even had a chance to check out or drive it yet. Got HW3.0 put in a few weeks ago and I have FSD purchased of course. What gives? Save me the time to research....haha

My main point (so many little delicate, sensitive humans around here derail things) and questions WAS; are all users getting these versions and back-to-back updates within 19 hours or is it just because of the EAP???

Hopefully these new versions bring back the 5mph over speed limit when using auto steer as well. I've been using the accelerator pedal a lot more than I normally do.

A little Live Free (or Die) ingenuity can solve that. You know those cable rigs, used by the less fortunate participants in military action who come home in a wheelchair? They allow full access to the accelerator from a gizmo throttle mounted somewhere handy. A little Arduino processor board with a proximity sensor and a stepper motor or servo connected to said throttle can overcome any beastly AP/AS limitations that those candy-ass regulators love to impose on our soaring spirits! Lean forward and it mashes the pedal; lean back and it releases to default settings. Some enterprising 3rd party can surely build us such a contraption for a modest fee.

Reactions: TX_M3P+
Get accustomed to a ton of updates as FSD rolls out. I received TWO more since this original post. Hopefully Tesla will really detail the release notes going forward so we don't have to guess so much on existing features "upgrades and improvements"