Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Keychains/lanyards at Dealer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my X on July 3 and they had no key chains to attach the fob to, and haven't had them in since (and don't know if/when they will get more). Anyone find another source that has the mini-lanyard that fits in the key?

Thanks
Jon

I was surprised when I picked up my X last month. No keychain...no sway bag...nothing.

I am not greedy or something. They should at least give out a keychain for a car closed to $100k.

I did buy the keychain from Abstract Ocean, but the original keychain handled by Tesla for X was much nicer

When I inquired with my DS if a key chain was going to be provided, he said there should be one but they don't expect to have them in stock for 2 mos. Hopefully we'll get our rear seat floor mats which we';re also told will arrive in "two months"...

They will ship them to you overnight Fedex, my DS was Justin Carol, in Burbank CA. They ran out of them last month and they will ship it to you. You are suppose to get two. Until we got ours via Fedex, we used sewing thread wrapped a few times until we got ours. Call your DS or call Justin.

• Funny
Reactions: Cowby
Anyone know where I can purchase the lanyard? I didn't get the box with the key fob when my car was delivered and I don't really like the pouches. Would just like the simple key ring that fits the fob perfectly, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Before I go bug my local SC again, has any of you new model X owner since early 2017 received an official lanyard or keychain for your model X FOB? If so, can you post a photo of it so I can show the SC. I can't stand the silicon covers sold online but wife needs to attach her FOB to her key chain (currently using a simple string looped under the battery cover which I am dreading will come apart).

Before I go bug my local SC again, has any of you new model X owner since early 2017 received an official lanyard or keychain for your model X FOB? If so, can you post a photo of it so I can show the SC. I can't stand the silicon covers sold online but wife needs to attach her FOB to her key chain (currently using a simple string looped under the battery cover which I am dreading will come apart).

The official one also has a small loop of string attach to the hook under the battery cover. We got our 2 keychains inside the big gift box with our December 2017 delivery. The box also has a tool to open the keyfob battery cover. The Tesla store said they JUST got these in.. seems like they were out of them for a while.

Found the image of the key chain and box on google image:
large-77034-12.jpg

Attachments

• MX_keychain.JPG
    MX_keychain.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Reactions: Cowby
None of the Model 3 fobs are shipping with lanyards either. The online owners manual mentions them, but nothing in the box.

A few years back, I got some from the Denver service center just by asking. Seemed like they bought them in bulk.