Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[NO LONGER AVAILABLE] Parting Out a 2015 85D - What Do You Need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of us have Tesla's with salvage titles, which are "dead to Tesla" in all respects. This is often the only way to get necessary parts for repairs, as Tesla will not sell you jack with a salvage title, unless you pony up some serious cash to go through their validation process (I was quoted 8k, others have had lower numbers)

I'm fixing a SALVAGE TITLE, Tesla wants $1,200 to inspect to make sure it's up to their requirements before they will sell you parts or turn your Super Charging back on. If they need frame work it $1,600 plus labor and then you have to pay inspection all over. They control their cars .
All I need is a center radiator. The car runs great and everything is solid.

Oh, they definitely have turned off Supercharging on a number of cars I've touched. I will happily turn it back on once I make sure the car's HV system is in good order. I also provide diagnostic support and remote access. My remote access app is better than Tesla's and has more features, inlcuding access to all of the car's data. Tesla is then off the hook as far as liability goes. Parts on the used market have not been a problem. So many cars get parted out because so many people can't get them going again (no diagnostic info).