Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No longer receiving notifications since app update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. I have also been dealing with this problem. To make it even more complex, I am the primary driver of our model three.

However, I don’t get any push notifications on my iPhone, however my wife gets all of them. We literally have the same settings in our Tesla app as well as in our iPhone settings. We recently had mobile service performed and she would have to let me know whenever there was a message that came in or whenever there is an update for the car.

I'm in the exact same situation as you. Primary driver and not getting any alerts on my Android. Secondary driver that has Android as well, is getting all the alerts.

Settings are identical between both phones and I've done all the basic troubleshooting..

Have you heard back or figured out anything?

Ok guys I need some help here. On mobile, my push notifications have completely crapped out on me. They were working fine this morning, then they just stopped! So I tried to go to preferences, and it just says "push notifications not supported." This makes absolutely no sense as they have been supported for the entire time I've been a member here. On the same phone. Has anyone had issues with this? Am I doing something wrong here? Wondering if anyone had any ideas how to fix this. I contacted TMC, but thought I would try to ask here as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211111-144447_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211111-144447_Chrome.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 170
Reactions: Pdubs and impastu
Ok guys I need some help here. On mobile, my push notifications have completely crapped out on me. They were working fine this morning, then they just stopped! So I tried to go to preferences, and it just says "push notifications not supported." This makes absolutely no sense as they have been supported for the entire time I've been a member here. On the same phone. Has anyone had issues with this? Am I doing something wrong here? Wondering if anyone had any ideas how to fix this. I contacted TMC, but thought I would try to ask here as well.
Mine says "Enabling push notifications requires a supported device. Enabling push notifications will enable them for this device only. If you log out of this device, you will need to re-enable push notifications."

I have all push notifications off on my phone. For everything. Wish I could help.

• Informative
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I'm in the exact same situation as you. Primary driver and not getting any alerts on my Android. Secondary driver that has Android as well, is getting all the alerts.

Settings are identical between both phones and I've done all the basic troubleshooting..

Have you heard back or figured out anything?
Hey Guys, I remembered this thead when Smiley reached out to me.

Just wanted to give an update to anyone who is in the same boat of not receiving notifications from the Tesla app on their phone. The thing that worked for me was toggling the bluetooth setting off in the quick menu on my phone. Soon after doing this, I received a Tesla notification along the lines of "Bluetooth connection required", and after turning bluetooth back on, all notifications have come through ever since. So if you've tried all other options, try turning your bluetooth setting on the phone off and back on (I don't recall if I was in the house or in the car when doing this). I hope this helps someone battling this and finds this thread in the future.

Yes! This worked for me. I kept toggling Bluetooth on my phone while I was at home. Car in the garage.

I left Bluetooth off until the tesla app said to turn it on to act as a key. I turned it back on, went to the car and I started getting notifications ever since.

Unbelievable fix. I even factory reset the car before this it was annoying me so much. All good now!

I have a weird issue with only receiving notifications for one car. I have a Model 3 since 2018 and have recently added a Model Y alongside it. I get all the notifications from the 3 but nothing from the Y. I have both cars selected in the app settings so I'm not sure how to chase this down.

Hey Guys, I remembered this thead when Smiley reached out to me.

Just wanted to give an update to anyone who is in the same boat of not receiving notifications from the Tesla app on their phone. The thing that worked for me was toggling the bluetooth setting off in the quick menu on my phone. Soon after doing this, I received a Tesla notification along the lines of "Bluetooth connection required", and after turning bluetooth back on, all notifications have come through ever since. So if you've tried all other options, try turning your bluetooth setting on the phone off and back on (I don't recall if I was in the house or in the car when doing this). I hope this helps someone battling this and finds this thread in the future.

Going to give this a try today as been battling this issue for about 2 weeks now. Interestingly my other half was signed in as me so she could use the car without setting up her own account - after she was done with the car she signed out but was getting the notifications for Phone Keys being removed - despite being logged out of the app!

Have had other half delete the app and will do the bluetooth toggle and will report back tomorrow if it worked!

Going to give this a try today as been battling this issue for about 2 weeks now. Interestingly my other half was signed in as me so she could use the car without setting up her own account - after she was done with the car she signed out but was getting the notifications for Phone Keys being removed - despite being logged out of the app!

Have had other half delete the app and will do the bluetooth toggle and will report back tomorrow if it worked!
Did the Bluetooth toggle and still no luck.

Also my Widget remains showing out of date info until I open the app for it to pull the new data. My suspicion is that the 2 are related

Two Teslas - one in my account, one in my spouse’s. Each of us has designated the other as an authorized driver. I get notifications for both cars. Spouse gets none.

Tesla app notification settings same for both of us. iOS notification permissions same for both of us.

Will try the Bluetooth trick on her phone, but I think there may be something bollixed server-side.