Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more Decor options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I was spec’ing a new model S and noticed I could not change the decor to carbon fiber, different interior colors come with different decor and there’s no way to change that

Am I doing it wrong? Or has this been the case for a while?

Nope, with the 370 mile range update the Performance cars now have the same interior as the standard cars. Before that, all performance cars had carbon fiber decor as the only option. Decor has been tied to interior color+trim for a while now.

If you want something else, I suggest calling them up and ordering on the phone. They can probably spec a car to how you want it. A sunroof hasn't been an online option since November 2018 but there are plenty of 2019 inventory cars with sunroofs.

Same as BPeter wrote. Until the 370mi update this week, the Performance S had the addition of a carbon fiber option, and also perforated cooled/vented front seats that were not available on the non-P S -- those just disappeared this week, to the same as the other Ss (but on the P its included vs an extra 1500 upgrade). S had interior color options of only Black (w/ drk brown wood trim), White (w/ black wood trim) or Cream (w light wood) options, with the trim/wood set to the interior color. Tesla axed several color options the ability to mix and match color and trim over a year-and-a-half ago. And than, last about October they cut the number of interior color options down to the three listed, and exterior color options down too, to the few remaining.

It was just a few days ago. Somewhere in this forum. Two people confirmed they had recently spoken with galleries or the sales number and the sunroof is done.

Such a shame. I made sure to find one with a sunroof when buying mine last month, I love it! Nearly all of the used Model S's also have sunroofs so the take rate was very high, too. I wonder why they think it's not worth having it anymore.

A few recently confirmed the sunroof is “really gone” now.
Wish mine were. Tesla's cut the thing out and replaced it once, adjusted and lubed it countless times, cleaned it at every service appointment...and it still leaks about once a year, and it still shudders every time the weather changes until they adjust it again. Not a fan. Glass or solid roof would have been better (there was no glass roof when I ordered).

Fortunately the leakage has always been minor and hasn't ever permanently stained the headliner. But if others have had experiences like mine I'm not surprised they 86'ed the pano roof.

Wish mine were. Tesla's cut the thing out and replaced it once, adjusted and lubed it countless times, cleaned it at every service appointment...and it still leaks about once a year, and it still shudders every time the weather changes until they adjust it again. Not a fan. Glass or solid roof would have been better (there was no glass roof when I ordered).

Fortunately the leakage has always been minor and hasn't ever permanently stained the headliner. But if others have had experiences like mine I'm not surprised they 86'ed the pano roof.

I expect it’s been an expensive option for them to support long term. Was probably an easy financial decision to let it go. I explicitly opted for the all glass roof for this reason.

I expect it’s been an expensive option for them to support long term. Was probably an easy financial decision to let it go. I explicitly opted for the all glass roof for this reason.

I love my pano roof on my 2015 s. It's disappointing they dropped it. I know you can still get a roof rack, but I use the panoramic roof so often when the weather is nice here. I'd love to move up from about 265 miles to 370 miles of range, and get ap3 and the cameras, but I'd be losing the roof. If the redesign coming later this summer also switches to landscape single display, I will have to think hard about upgrading. I'm out of warranty and decided not to pay for a new warranty, because I'm expecting to upgrade not that far from now.

From what I was told by a Tesla gallery sales rep. who just looked into it on my behalf within the last couple of days, carbon fiber trim is still available as an off-the-menu item (at least with the black interior). However, the following are not available on- or off-the-menu: (1) rear-facing seats (not surprised, but just wanted to check because my P85+ has them); (2) ventilated seats; (3) carbon fiber spoiler (surprised and a bit disappointed); (4) Arachnid wheels (very surprised and very disappointed).

I was contacted by a Tesla rep on Thursday about upgrading to a new Model S. I asked if the sunroof was an off menu option, and he told me it’s no longer available. He may be wrong or not know, but I responded that the sunroof is a must-have option for me and wasn’t interested in a new S without it and haven’t heard back since. So it’s either gone or he’s too lazy to research to see if it is still a available off menu. I’m a heavy sunroof user and wouldn’t even consider a car without one.

From what I was told by a Tesla gallery sales rep. who just looked into it on my behalf within the last couple of days, carbon fiber trim is still available as an off-the-menu item (at least with the black interior). However, the following are not available on- or off-the-menu: (1) rear-facing seats (not surprised, but just wanted to check because my P85+ has them); (2) ventilated seats; (3) carbon fiber spoiler (surprised and a bit disappointed); (4) Arachnid wheels (very surprised and very disappointed).
Wow, next they’ll remove the red calipers and there will be no differentiation betweeen performance and non performance, styling wise.