Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No More Model 3 Long Range in Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed that in BC you can not order a M3LR in Canada anymore. I'm hoping that they will honour all previous M3LR orders as I'm supposed to take delivery later this month/early September.

Anyone else have news/thoughts?

Tesla will be honouring any orders already in place prior to the stop. You will continue to monitor your estimated delivery date through the app or your tesla account. Luckily I got my order in last month for M3LR. There were rumors that tesla would stop taking order and it did. Good luck and enjoy your new ride once it arrives. Cheers.

Reactions: cdswm3
My guess is too many orders that Tesla could possibly fulfill. They put a stop to the new orders until they can catch up.
I agree, that is the likely explanation.

Tesla has now built over 3 million cars and currently are building them at the rate of over 1 million/year. The Austin and Brandenburg factories are just ramping up production and a long way from their total planned capacity. Shanghai is being expanded and even Fremont is trying to increase production.

After building cars for 14 years, Tesla continues to crush the EV competition, though in Europe I give VW credit for making a serious effort.

The demand for EVs is growing. Tesla started the revolution and now is struggling to keep up!

I agree, that is the likely explanation.

Tesla has now built over 3 million cars and currently are building them at the rate of over 1 million/year. The Austin and Brandenburg factories are just ramping up production and a long way from their total planned capacity. Shanghai is being expanded and even Fremont is trying to increase production.

After building cars for 14 years, Tesla continues to crush the EV competition, though in Europe I give VW credit for making a serious effort.

The demand for EVs is growing. Tesla started the revolution and now is struggling to keep up!
Or a change to specs/battery with a we don't know what the price will be and we have enough orders to cover what we have in our current supply chain

I was considering selling as well in 2-3 months~ as there's so much hype on the 700km 2023 models with LFP-M3P batteries. It will be a wait to get another one, but knowing that the new car + incentive can perhaps drop the value of existing 2022 M3 LR's by $10K~, that's a hit to anybody's wallet/investment.

However, playing devils advocate we don't know what Tesla will do, and we don't know how those batteries hold up for winter either. There's a chance that the 2022 M3 LR and M3P might be the last solid series of vehicles produced with strong proven battery types for 500+km.

I also paid $5000 less than current pricing, and so that's why I'm probably going to hold on to mine, enjoy it and drive her for the next 3-4 years until my warranty has about 6 months left :D. I'm sure we'll see 1000km vehicles by then with snazzy new tech we can all get nerd chills over.

Just noticed that in BC you can not order a M3LR in Canada anymore. I'm hoping that they will honour all previous M3LR orders as I'm supposed to take delivery later this month/early September.

Anyone else have news/thoughts?
I doubt you'll have issues receiving delivery. For two reasons:

1 - You already ordered and it only applies to new orders no longer being open.
2 - Think about when they did this.......September is end of Q3. They'll be reporting delivery numbers at that time for investors to see. They timed it so that Tesla could specifically estimate all deliveries due up until EOY so that their #s stay solid for the last 2 quarters. If they were to cancel existing, they're taking too much of a hit.

Hope this helps!