Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more release notes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

whitex

Sep 30, 2015
Seattle area, WA
So our 3 year old Model S just updated to 2018.26. When I got in the car, I was welcomed by "What's New In This Update" showing absolutely nothing. I rebooted, clicked on T->Release Notes same thing:
Blank Release Notes.jpg

Tesla cutting corners on writing release notes? Not tested on 3 year old or old MCU cars anymore? An update with absolutely nothing new in it? I will check when our new MCU S gets the same version, maybe it's just nothing new for old MCU AP1 cars (then why bother updating?).

guess they didn't want to write

"improved, but haven't quite fixed that hedge lust at junctions we introduced a couple of builds ago"

" if you thought we were going to enable AP2 to work on as many highways as AP1 did, you're just in cloud cuckoo land"

" nags - what nags - there aren't any if you do as we say and jiggle the wheel constantly so AP thinks you're driving even if you believe it is the other way around"

"still haven't got around to fixing auto headlight inability to tell the difference between an oncoming car and chevron signs indicating a bend in the road, so will continue to randomly pitch you into darkness on rural roads just as you get to a sharp curve"

"expecting improvements to the media streaming or usb? - well you'll just have to hope we look at that for v9, with any luck we'll make it less than 3 presses just to switch to the radio"

"did change an icon somewhere though, but cant remember which one"

would have been nice if they put up a nice picture instead if they cant be bothered with notes though.
now, where'd that bottle of islay malt go?
cheers all

;)

So our 3 year old Model S just updated to 2018.26. When I got in the car, I was welcomed by "What's New In This Update" showing absolutely nothing. I rebooted, clicked on T->Release Notes same thing:
View attachment 318345

Tesla cutting corners on writing release notes? Not tested on 3 year old or old MCU cars anymore? An update with absolutely nothing new in it? I will check when our new MCU S gets the same version, maybe it's just nothing new for old MCU AP1 cars (then why bother updating?).
My notes are fine. They're the same as 2018.24 so you're not really missing anything, but at least they display properly for me.

You should contact the SC. The updates don't automatically fail anymore when certain items can't be unpacked. They'll probably want to reapply the update just to be safe.

In case you're wondering, this update contains a fix for maps. Some of us were constantly getting a blank grey screen... Just the car indicator with no roads or traffic on it.

Same with my 2016 S. Just a blank screen for release notes. Has Tesla abandoned owners of older cars? None of the releases have made my car do anything useful driving for the last year. It does fart now and has a fireplace and if I had a dog I might not get arrested if I left it in the car. LOL.

Another thing that thinks I have been abandoned..... my web browser used to work when I got the car but hasn't for over a year in spite of bugging Tesla service over and over.

It appears to be a timeout value error. I got 2019.40.2.1 yesterday as well. When I went out to the garage ~25mins after the update started, I only opened the car door and noticed it had finished and the release notes were showing appropriately. I closed the door and went back inside. When I came out the next morning, the release notes were up... but blank. Remains so currently when I pull them up manually, even after a reboot.

Reactions: jlv1