Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No "P85+" logo on main screen or dashboard, just "P85"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE: I contacted my service adviser, and they called the folks in California who sent an OTA update that made the "P85+" appear within minutes.

It appeared correctly on the info panel on the touch screen, but was still showing as "P85" on the instrument panel. Called again, and within minutes it appeared correctly there as well. Awesome.

I don't know whether it was two separate updates or the fact that I had not rebooted the instrument panel. But the service folks showed that it can definitely be updated.

Damn, I love this car and the ability for folks in Palo Alto/Freemont to tweak it from thousands of miles away...

Adam

Following up on my post #5 above, my P85+ returned from the SC today with "P85+" accurately represented in the info screen and speedo background! I didn't ask for it, (car was there for other things), the work order just said "FSE corrected MCU display to correctly show P85+ "

Simple question -- I just took delivery of a P85+ "inventory" car which has P85+ badging on the rear, as well as (I assume) all of the + features, including the 21" rims. The original sticker also indicates that this car has the Performance Plus package.

But when I bring up the "Tesla Info" screen by tapping the Tesla "T" on the main screen, or the driver's dashboard, it only displays "P85" without the "+".

I know this is a really minor point, but is this by design, or can TM tweak the interface to show the proper badging in the user interface?

thanks.

This happened to my P85+. I sent a note to ownership and they were able to remotely fix it. My main reason for doing so was that someday I'm going to sell the car and I didn't want to have a conversation along the lines of:

Buyer: "You're trying to commit fraud. You bought a + badge and put it on a P85"
Seller: "No I didn't - it came that way!"

A