Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Performance Chassis on P3D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, here is the full option string for a 2WD LR, VIN 147xx:
"AD15,MDL3,PBSB,RENA,BT37,ID3W,RF3G,S3PB,DRLH,DV2W,W39B,APF0,COUS,BC3B,CH07,PC30,FC3P,FG31,GLFR,HL31,HM31,IL31,LTPB,MR31,FM3B,RS3H,SA3P,STCP,SC04,SU3C,T3CA,TW00,TM00,UT3P,WR00,AU3P,APH3,AF00,ZCST,MI00,CDM0"

Same here! Can’t find these stickers on any of my P+ doors :eek: Oh well, I’m not tripping either!

They are inside where the upper door hinge is. Sometimes even behind the hinge mount. I have them on all 4 doors.

Yeah I didn't check closely enough. Looked again today and found mine around the hinge area. Removed promptly for a very slightly cleaner look. Content matched the P3D+ ones I've seen (PC31 chassis, etc).

Yup- until I see evidence otherwise that's my notion of why there's any height difference too.

I've yet to see any evidence the P3D+ has different springs. The height difference might well be just the arms... (it'd be weird they'd go through the cost and trouble of another set of springs (and change the shocks to match the new springs too) and then only make them a 0.39" drop)

Yeah- brakes and control arms are different on the P3D+

There's been a video already from under a P3D-

Same shocks and springs as the RWD (and presumably AWD non-P) model 3.

The stabilizer bars were different from RWD- but we're not sure yet if that's true of all dual motor cars (which would make some sense) or if it's specific to the P... nor exactly how they're different.

Had a front strut replaced under warranty, part description specifically said for RWD.

• Informative
Reactions: mcbarnet007
:) the difference between regular AWD and P3D is just bootloader and firmware for DU/DI. If you buy a performance package you get wheels, calipers, spoiler which is actual hardware, but Drive Units are the same.

Weird.

The API is reporting PC30 for our vehicle. The sticker inside the vehicle is PC31. We paid for the performance upgrade option, and have the 20" wheels (and they originally had the 4S tires).

I cannot for the life of me find the sticker around any of the hinges or doors. Started up TeslaFi today and my API also shows PC30, not PC31.

My car was a showroom model so that might explain the lack of stickers.

Attachments

• 20181004_002655.jpg
    20181004_002655.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 113
I cannot for the life of me find the sticker around any of the hinges or doors. Started up TeslaFi today and my API also shows PC30, not PC31.

FWIW, the API reports all kinds of nutty things -- my wife's blue car is black, etc. In fact, I'm a little suspicious that the API is not actually what's used by the app, at least for configuring the thumbnail, given how wrong some of the values are.

I also cannot find stickers. My car was barely detailed so I don’t think it was removed at the delivery center. API also shows PC30.

I have a 55xxx VIN and I took delivery in July so it’s up there with one of the first P3D+ off the line. Maybe they added the stickers later?

I also cannot find stickers. My car was barely detailed so I don’t think it was removed at the delivery center. API also shows PC30.

I have a 55xxx VIN and I took delivery in July so it’s up there with one of the first P3D+ off the line. Maybe they added the stickers later?

I probably got everyone else's stickers. I had them everywhere reminding me my P3D- came with no performance chassis.

There's a member on here who definitely had the wrong rear springs installed on his P3D+, and it caused his car to sit roughly 3/8" higher than it should have. This coincides with the 10mm (.39") difference between the P3D+ and P3D-, and should prove that it's not the control arm causing the height difference (besides the obvious reason that 1 control arm wouldn't cause a 10mm height difference).
PN on his car: (P) 1044472-94-A (S)MBD182281716320
PN on my car: (P) 1044472-04-A (S)MBD171720000010

Do we know that the shocks are the same PNs across the four variants of the Model 3?

Is this definitely confirmed as the wrong part? That's what I have for rear springs and the car is sitting higher in the rear.

What's your front spring part number?

Only confirmed from a car to car comparison stand point. Can't check front spring part numbers because my car is at the service center getting the front drive unit replaced...
So, did it actually fail or was it making bad noises?
I should be picking up mine from the SD service center tomorrow (paint, rattle, trunk light). At least they gave me a Model S loaner though I definitely prefer the 3.

So, did it actually fail or was it making bad noises?
I should be picking up mine from the SD service center tomorrow (paint, rattle, trunk light). At least they gave me a Model S loaner though I definitely prefer the 3.

Took the car in for a squeal at all speeds that wouldn't go away. I was eventually told it was a failed front drive unit.

I've been driving a loaner S, and while I appreciate having it, I can not wait until I get my 3 back!

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna