Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No premium connectivity even though I’ve paid.... anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep.. Seeing this today.. On all browsers too. Was confirmed as well prior to Jan 1st.
Image 43.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
My car continues to say I have (and give me) standard connectivity even though I picked it up last weekend as a brand new model 3 long range AWD -- which is supposed to come with a year of premium for free. I have spoken with support about it and they have opened a ticket with the "accounts" team but no resolution yet after four days.

My car continues to say I have (and give me) standard connectivity even though I picked it up last weekend as a brand new model 3 long range AWD -- which is supposed to come with a year of premium for free. I have spoken with support about it and they have opened a ticket with the "accounts" team but no resolution yet after four days.

Probably related, but not quite the same thing as people in this thread are talking about. You are talking about not getting your "free 1 year premium connectivity", while people in this thread are talking about "I signed up to pay for my connectivity and it still reverted to standard".

These two things might be related, but I suspect in your case, the car is coded on the back end as not having the 1 year free connectivity period or something, while in our case, they thought they had figured out how to charge for connectivity but have it mixed up somehow.

Tesla is not great at these type of things, which frankly surprises me since they are basically an energy company that makes fancy software to control standard things (like cars, and solar panels and batteries).

my PC was due to expire on jan7. I decided to buy the monthly subscription and I used the website to do that. the website now shows that I'm paid up for this month but I'm still on the tail end of my trial.

in the car, all the PC features work but when I look at the car's 'properties' it says standard connectivity.

so, they are out of sync. might take a while for them to get all their sources of truth working as one ;)

Having the same issue. Called Tesla and got someone rather quickly, she said “ your car has it premium connection” I said I haven’t been charged yet, and I have the confirmation email from when I signed up. However all of our PC is still working as of last night and this morning. I’m sure it’s something to do with their system as this is the first subscription thing they’re doing. But hopefully they get it fixed soon because a lot people will be losses off if they start losing feature and it takes days and weeks to fix.

For those of you voicing the concern, have you verified that your premium connectivity features (e.g. satellite map, traffic overlay, video streaming, etc.) are in fact still operating?

My premium features are all operating as before, despite standard connectivity now showing in settings.

I'd also imagine Tesla are well aware of the issue and would be the most eager to address (likely on their back-end) in order to commence the collection of their ROI sooner than later.

In the mean time, I'll continue to enjoy my extended 1-year free premium connectivity, until Tesla officially begins to collect.

For those of you voicing the concern, have you verified that your premium connectivity features (e.g. satellite map, traffic overlay, video streaming, etc.) are in fact still operating?

My premium features are all operating as before, despite standard connectivity now showing in settings.

I'd also imagine Tesla are well aware of the issue and would be the most eager to address (likely on their back-end) in order to commence the collection of their ROI sooner than later.

In the mean time, I'll continue to enjoy my extended 1-year free premium connectivity, until Tesla officially begins to collect.
Well my rep didn’t seem to know about it and said on there side it showed active.

Well my rep didn’t seem to know about it and said on there side it showed active.
Front-line reps are often more in the dark than the rest of the netizens.

That said, If I were Tesla, I wouldn't openly confess to own incompetence in managing back-end data and software development. Instead sort out the issue quietly and swiftly then shout out a press release stating, "Enjoy your additional month of free Premium Connectivity on us, while we finalize the deployment of Premium Subscription."

Clearly many of us are 'activated', just haven't been properly reflected in settings visible to the owners.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Front-line reps are often more in the dark than the rest of the netizens.

That said, If I were Tesla, I wouldn't openly confess to own incompetence in managing back-end data and software development. Instead sort out the issue quietly and swiftly then shout out a press release stating, "Enjoy your additional month of free Premium Connectivity on us, while we finalize the deployment of Premium Subscription."

Clearly many of us are 'activated', just haven't been properly reflected in settings visible to the owners.
Good point but if the switch flips and people start losing that connection people will be pissed. But again on this front I give them a little wiggle room as it’s the first time them doing. However you think the would have been ready for this as it has been coming for a year and for the last few months they have been talking g about it. However it did happen at the busiest time for Tesla. And on a holiday. So I’m sure they will sort it.

Have you actually paid, ie. card has been charged, or did you just sign-up well in advance?

I have had premium since purchase as I own a Performance Model 3. In early December I added my credit card info with renewal showing in Tesla.com for Jan 1 2020.

On December 30, I lost Sat Maps, Caraoke, cellular Web, and all other features. I still show as Premium in car. In portal, I show error screens as others do.

I don't know how anyone exists with simply standard connectivity. It is awful compared to premium. (Yet terrific compared to any other car)

The day/hour the email came out, I jumped in and paid for premium connectivity. As of this afternoon around 3pm PST, I no longer have premium connectivity. Checked my account, and I see the same error message as mentioned by others. WTF Tesla.
@MP3Mike s point is that, we have "entered our information and authorized tesla to charge our account", but unless they have actually BILLED your credit card, we have not "paid" yet.

Reactions: MP3Mike