Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No replacement for the 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be happy to pay for a range upgrade!
I think you'd need to qualify this statement with an actual dollar amount. There are people who can perform this swap, like here (this is $15K to upgrade 60/75 to 90, upgrade to 100 would cost more, but anything is possible). Of course there is also the option of getting a new or CPO 100D and trading the 90D in, if that fits in the amount you'd be happy to pay. ;)

I'm curious now. I have a 90D. Let's say my battery breaks and needs to be replaced, will this mean I will have to pay extra for a 100D battery? Don't get me wrong, I would be happy to pay for a range upgrade!

In the short term, I think they have enough spares and refurbished packs to replace like for like.

In a few years, they'll probably have to replace with something newer. All current S/X packs are physically interchangeable with some minor changes to the quick disconnects that I'm told Tesla has an established retrofit kit for, so it won't be a problem when it becomes necessary.