Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Reservation required...Just order.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, you may have just broken the code on why they're still dedicating 1of4 assembly lines to LRs...assume there will be a bunch of demand as 12/31 draws near. I hadn't considered that. But man that is risky, particularly since building inventory consumes a TON of cash. Not to mention the storage/organization challenges already experienced during the July/July production push. Tesla appears to be much better as a Just In Time car manufacturer than as a "build em/store em/let the market absorb em" manufacturer.
It'll be interesting to see what path mgt elects to pursue for the remaining months of 2018, and with an eye toward 1Q19.
Pass the popcorn.

Aren't there still reservation holders in Canada waiting for their LR/RWD orders?

I don't know if it's possible but Tesla could also start production of cars for non US markets.

Not to ding Troy too much but I think his data paints a pretty incomplete picture of things.

Oh by the way, I also would never reserve a car with Tesla again. The wait has not been worth the tiny increase in priority. They opened the flood gates literally the same day they told me I could configure my car. WTF! We need to create a pole, I bet the number that would reserve again here in the U.S. is a pretty low percent now (unless maybe those that wanted RWD LR). All these cars better still be awesome in 5-10 years or they will fail as a company.
So my crickets just found a voice for an end of month delivery which is awesome and still totally within my original Aug-Oct delivery window. I honestly would question doing a reservation again even if it got me a month of preference in this case. I did it because I whole heartedly believe in the mission. However, it has been hard on my emotional wellbeing so I think next time, I’ll just invest money in the company stock instead.