Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No return (after accepting delivery)!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with the "service" center. They are towing my car back to Brownsville. They estimate they will need it for several weeks awaiting parts. There is a large chip out of the paint in the rear quarter panel. They said they will need to repaint the rear quarter panel at a body shop. Besides the inconvenience of not having a car for the next month this brings up a couple of questions. I will be making payments on the car but not have use of it. Do I file with Tesla insurance to get a rental car? Will the body shop report it as a repair and it shows up on a Carfax as a previously repaired vehicle?

Just got off the phone with the "service" center. They are towing my car back to Brownsville. They estimate they will need it for several weeks awaiting parts. There is a large chip out of the paint in the rear quarter panel. They said they will need to repaint the rear quarter panel at a body shop. Besides the inconvenience of not having a car for the next month this brings up a couple of questions. I will be making payments on the car but not have use of it. Do I file with Tesla insurance to get a rental car? Will the body shop report it as a repair and it shows up on a Carfax as a previously repaired vehicle?
What is the actual issue that caused you to have your car towed? Do you just have a paint defect that needs to be repainted?

It’s been 2 days for my model Y and I am truly not happy. The screen started misbehaving. It is changing screens by itself. The map is zooming in and out on its own. This is making me nervous.
Is there an option to return?
It’s supposed to zoom in and out on it’s own. As you slow down to an intersection it should zoom in. When you go on highway it zooms out. Some times it takes some fiddling to get it to Zoom “correctly”.

Is this something you found after accepting delivery or something you saw while inspecting but decided to accept anyway ?

When inspecting , unless you are truly hard up for a car I would not accept any defect regardless of how small . Let the SC fix it and then reinspect the car ( especially inspect the area where they just fixed for additional damage and check the mileage when you refuse and when you reinspect to make sure your car wasn't used for other purposes while being repaired )

Once you accept, unless your state has other superceeding laws you are stuck with it and will need to wait for the SC to fix on their own timeline.