Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No "software update available" notifications since V11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. This issue is being discussed in the MS forum, but it clearly is not model-specific, so I'm bringing it here.

My M3 stopped receiving "software update available" notifications after installing the first V11 update (2021.44.25.2). Since then, my M3 downloaded and installed 44.30, 44.30.2 and 44.30.7 (today), but none of them triggered any notification. Also, some "update starting" and "update completed" notifications were lost.

Charging and cabin temperature notifications continue working just fine. This issue seems related to software update notifications only.

I have Tesla app version 4.4.4 in my iPhone and iPad (both showing same behaviour), but when this problem began I think that I was using version 4.4.1 or 4.4.2.

I tried to deactivate and activate again all notification classes in the Tesla app, to no avail.

Similar with the firmware install complete notification, its been going on a couple of releases pre v11

For us, first noticed in 2021.44.5 and confirmed in .44.6 (our only 2021.44.x installs as I unplugged the wifi ;) )
The same was true for me. “Update Complete” has been flaky since around Sept or Oct of last year but Update Available was still coming in. Now both have stopped working completely with v11.

Again, I’m relieved it’s not just our car, I was a bit worried something may have gotten uniquely messed up during a previous update that was interfering with the update process and preventing these notifications from going out. Based on the number of replies here and in the other thread, this seems to be a bug at the phone app or car OS level.

Hopefully now that both notifications are apparently not working, someone at Tesla will notice and fix whatever was causing it in the first place for the last few months.

Just happened to notice I have an update pending (2021.44.30.8) for my S, but didn’t get a notification on any of my devices. I did get the notification when I started the install (started from the mobile app). If the software update became available overnight, my devices were in DND mode so I wouldn’t have gotten notifications.

I do not think this is a V11 issue as much as mobile app issue. The owners API still reflects a pending update - how TeslaMate informs me. It is seems the code firing off the notification is broken in the mobile app. Yet the push notification to tell you when software updates are complete works.

I do not think this is a V11 issue as much as mobile app issue. The owners API still reflects a pending update - how TeslaMate informs me. It is seems the code firing off the notification is broken in the mobile app. Yet the push notification to tell you when software updates are complete works.
For me, the update complete notifications work sometimes but not always. Like others, I no longer see the update available notification, but always see the update about to begin notifications once I choose to install.

Reactions: cwanja
It continues to be an issue with 2022.4.5. The update complete notification started becoming flake in the second half of last year. The update available notification not appearing appears to have started since v11. Now that I know that it not only affecting me, it’s not a problem with my specific car, and that the updates themselves are fine, I’m content waiting for it to be resolved at some point in the future.

It seems that the "software update available" notifications are working again. Finally.
I got my first "software update available" in a while for a recent update, but I'm still not getting them most of the time. When I got that one, I had updates pending for both cars, but only got the notification for one. "Software update complete" is still hit and miss too.