Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey! So UPDATE! I did the chat on Tesla website and told them. They said let me check and I waited about 5 minutes and she said she forced the update through and about ten minutes later my app gave me a notification that there was an update, and it installed!

Congrats!

I am chatting live with them now after being inspired by your message. Here's what they are saying:

"So I am seeing that you are currently caught up with all the current firmwares that are ready for your vehicle."

I am 30 versions behind the latest going by TeslaFi, and technically in the 0% category because I am one of so few on this version. Here's their response:

"Software updates are rolled out by our engineering team. There is no set schedule for when you will receive the next update. Please leave your vehicle connected to WiFi when possible so that the update can promptly download as soon as it is available. Once ready for install, you will receive a mobile app notification alerting you to install the update."

That probably a standard party line answer, but it doesn't make sense to me given how far back and how few of us are on this version. I can understand being a few versions behind, but 30?? Why would the engineers do that?

Mine updated from 35 to 40 as soon as I got home from the dealership, and I got the Christmas update early. So I think the OTA update process is really all over the place. I wouldn’t be surprised if I get the next update weeks later, lol.

But like others have said, enjoy the car. The updates will come.