Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Spotify, Karaoke and no Theater apps after V10 update in 2018 March MC2 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

I have a Model S 75D build in March 18 with the new MCU2. Since I have installed 3 updates of V10, I do not see Spotify or Karaoke or any Theatre apps. The Theatre tab under the entertainment is blank even after the subsequent updates.

I have tried rebooting the system multiple times but no luck. I have happened to stop by at the Santana Row store and an associate there answered that the apps would come in subsequent updates as they are still working on the licensing stuff.

Is anyone else in the same situation? I do not see any of the new apps. I did get Chess and Beach Buggy 2, Dash cam updates (Updates related to MCU2) in the previous updates. If someone did enable the apps being in this situation, share the information.

Other information:
Version : 2019.32.11.1 d39e85a
2018 March build 75D with MCU2 (Intel)
Apps missing: Spotify, Karaoke, All video apps

Thanks in advance,

Hi Folks,

I have a Model S 75D build in March 18 with the new MCU2. Since I have installed 3 updates of V10, I do not see Spotify or Karaoke or any Theatre apps. The Theatre tab under the entertainment is blank even after the subsequent updates.

I have tried rebooting the system multiple times but no luck. I have happened to stop by at the Santana Row store and an associate there answered that the apps would come in subsequent updates as they are still working on the licensing stuff.

Is anyone else in the same situation? I do not see any of the new apps. I did get Chess and Beach Buggy 2, Dash cam updates (Updates related to MCU2) in the previous updates. If someone did enable the apps being in this situation, share the information.

Other information:

Thanks in advance,
Sounds like you think you have MCU2, but you actually have MCU1. What's your proof (to yourself) that you have MCU2?

Sounds like you think you have MCU2, but you actually have MCU1. What's your proof (to yourself) that you have MCU2?

When I went in for the service during the first times, the service persons told me that I have the updated Intel MCU. I saw the difference in the build updates compared to the older builds. If there is a way to find the actual technical details, I would do that to confirm.

I also see the more responsive browser, and I have tried playing YouTube in browser now. I see videos playing but couldn't get the audio.

Go to Teslatap dot com / MCU in your car browser, it should show you which MCU you have.

under the Test Results table: I see Unit: MCU2
Platform: Linux x86_64 Display: 1160x1920
image.jpg

That looks pretty clear, so my guess was wrong. Don't know what might be going on. Perhaps Tesla is switching on some other minor detail which is always true for MCU2 except in some very early units like yours? Likely a bug. But I'd complain to service and see how they respond.

That looks pretty clear, so my guess was wrong. Don't know what might be going on. Perhaps Tesla is switching on some other minor detail which is always true for MCU2 except in some very early units like yours? Likely a bug. But I'd complain to service and see how they respond.

I was hoping this is a bug, my car is one of the very earliest ones produced in March 18. I have purchased the FSD as well so hopefully this is something that can be fixed OTA. Will try talking to the service guys.

Just wanted to check if there was some one out there in the community that has this issue and fixed it without going to the service center.

I have a model 3 bought in June of this year. It's almost as new as you can get with all available upgrades minus performance. I received v10 as well as the minor bug update the following day. Blank theater tab, no careoke or Spotify. I called service 3 times. The first time they resent the update, still nothing. The next time they told me to try to hard reset like I didn't try that three times already.... Nothing. The next time they said just wait for another update, engineers should be on top of it. That was 10 days ago... I want SPOTIFY!!!

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
I have a model 3 bought in June of this year. It's almost as new as you can get with all available upgrades minus performance. I received v10 as well as the minor bug update the following day. Blank theater tab, no careoke or Spotify. I called service 3 times. The first time they resent the update, still nothing. The next time they told me to try to hard reset like I didn't try that three times already.... Nothing. The next time they said just wait for another update, engineers should be on top of it. That was 10 days ago... I want SPOTIFY!!!

I believe we have a different MCU which is between the MCU1 and MCU2. May be its a thing with the hardware 2.5 I dont think people with Hardware 3 have this problem.

I want the video apps and Spotify too !! :(

Hi Folks,

Other information:

Thanks in advance,
Turn off the car from the menu. Then turn it back on. It will solve your problem. Had the same issue and in fact I read an article stating that in some cases after the se update you would need to do that.

Turn off the car from the menu. Then turn it back on. It will solve your problem. Had the same issue and in fact I read an article stating that in some cases after the se update you would need to do that.

You, Sir, gave me so much hope, I just went to my garage to try that. :) I powered off the car from the menu and started it again by touching the screen but sadly I had no luck. No theater and no Spotify. Is there a specific sequence that I need to follow?

You, Sir, gave me so much hope, I just went to my garage to try that. :) I powered off the car from the menu and started it again by touching the screen but sadly I had no luck. No theater and no Spotify. Is there a specific sequence that I need to follow?
Really? You did not just reset it by holding the 2 wheels, right? In the service mini, power off. I read that article before the update came. I realized I did not have all the features and about a day later or so I just did this and I got all the features. I have a June 18 75D... Not far from yours. I would also stop to the service and ask if it is not working.

Really? You did not just reset it by holding the 2 wheels, right? In the service mini, power off. I read that article before the update came. I realized I did not have all the features and about a day later or so I just did this and I got all the features. I have a June 18 75D... Not far from yours. I would also stop to the service and ask if it is not working.
Sorry, meant menu, not mini.

Earlier, I tried the reset with scroll wheels, reset with scroll wheels and break multiple times but no luck. I had a habit of reset after every update which avoided/fixed many small issues.

Right now, I tried the power off from the menu-> service -> power off and turned it on by touching the giant screen.

I live in the Bay Area, stopping by a service center is not an easy option as they are always overflowing with cars. I am trying to find solutions within the community to avoid scheduling a visit to the service center.

Earlier, I tried the reset with scroll wheels, reset with scroll wheels and break multiple times but no luck. I had a habit of reset after every update which avoided/fixed many small issues.

Right now, I tried the power off from the menu-> service -> power off and turned it on by touching the giant screen.

I live in the Bay Area, stopping by a service center is not an easy option as they are always overflowing with cars. I am trying to find solutions within the community to avoid scheduling a visit to the service center.
Don't schedule it. Just show up at a relatively quiet time and see if somebody will help you. Decent chance. While Tesla communications are beyond awful, the people are great and very happy to help if they can.

So..... this issue has a classic Tesla(fairy) tale ending. Software update 2019.32.12.2 fixed it. I just received it few minutes ago.

Now, I have the video apps showing up in the theater tab. Tried youtube and it works well, except for some browsing delays. I see Spötify and Caraoke as well. I love this car!!

I have a 2017 Model S. I have version 2019.32.12.3 1b89dd1

I have Spotify, but I'm missing Caraoke, some games, and theater. Is there any hope, or am I stuck because of old hardware. I too have paid for the FSD.