TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No VIN no ISA now 75 days

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by bgbolton, Jul 2, 2018.

1. bgbolton

bgbolton Member

I put my configuration on 4/18. Local in fremont. I got 5/20 a mail saying june. I got many here telling me they delay for tax credit. OK. Now its 6/2 and I heard still nothing but other orders got filling. 75 days and I got still edit button.

They will not answer my mail.

On phone they got no idea and can say nothing.

WTF??

2. calvinvle

calvinvle Member

Sorry man...

Hoping tomorrow's the day for ya.

3. cbutters

cbutters Member

I imagine you meant 7/2 not 6/2... Also... I'm sorry its taking so long for you... and you live in California it looks like... can't imagine why it is taking so long. What color / options did you choose? Hopefully things change for you soon.

4. MissyMcBee

MissyMcBee Member

i'm with you at 71 days, June delay email and no contact. I've called three times and they just keep saying "soon"! They were supposed to call me today after i talked to them on Saturday to find out what the heck is going on? ...and no call back today. :( I was so excited last month preparing for the car and my excitement went down the tubes with no contact and no car by June 30th. i'm hopeful it will happen soon but i keep telling myself that and then nothing happens so... hmmmm

the forgotten ones....

5. bgbolton

bgbolton Member

Yes 7/2 thank you. Options are pearl sport fsd.

6. remlemasi

remlemasi Member

It’s looking like the multi-coat (red and white) cars in California are in the same boat. Forgotten. Check out a recent thread of folks in the Bay Area with 4/18 invite that are still waiting as well.

It seems to me that most of the folks that have been getting VINs recently after only configuring a couple days earlier are non-California and/or have low VINs compared to what is being produced now.

7. Forcelite

Forcelite Member

I’m with you , I had a 4/23 invite/configure and not a word. I have white as well .

Pretty crazy to see new configs get vins in days . I bet we all get vins by the end of next week however.

8. Reid

Reid Member

Keep your eyes peeled. Bay Area here too, I configured 5/16 after postponing my decision for a month and a half (3/31 reservation), car is red, just got the first ISA contact email today confirming my details and urging me to provide financing info and drivers license info. Things seem to be happening.

9. bgbolton

bgbolton Member

Ppl been telling me that already since week 7 you are not first and will not be last :rolleyes:

• Like x 1
  10. SyrinxStarman

SyrinxStarman New Member

Add me to this list. Granted I ordered Pearl White only on 6/26, traction does seems to be moving for the other colors (besides red).

• Disagree x 1
  11. bgbolton

bgbolton Member

Still got edit button. 77 days.

12. MissyMcBee

MissyMcBee Member

Me2... 73 days. :(
    #theforgotten

13. calvinvle

calvinvle Member

I already got my VIN and a date which my car will be delivered, but I got my edit button BACK! Hhhmm..

14. daver6640

daver6640 Member

Thats weird. Remind me when our delivery date is

15. bgbolton

bgbolton Member

16. Kelmn07

Kelmn07 Member

Brutal. I think what felt the worst of it to me was there is no recourse, no routing to the next person up, no speaking to management, no responses on social media, filling out contact forms just go to an empty void.

Sorry to see your delay. Become a pest and just keep calling.

17. MissyMcBee

MissyMcBee Member

Ugh... I’m so sorry to hear. this has got to be your week... hopefully you will hear soon. Definitely call tomorrow and don’t get off of the phone until they can give you to someone with authority. Did you already have a loan? I told them my loan lock was ending soon and I needed the car considering I had a June delivery and I only had until 7/21 ( which is the truth... but they needed to hear it and put the notes in my account)
    fingers and toes crossed for you

18. yay4vin

yay4vin Member

I have a friend that configured her white M3 with EAP on 4/30 that hasn't gotten a VIN yet. I checked with my ISA on her car. MY ISA said that there was no VIN but, she would have my friend's ISA get in touch with her to establish initial contact. My friend's ISA emailed her and they've been working out the loan details and such and she's been promised a car before her lease expires on 7/23. Her Edit button is not visible from a while but, no VIN yet.

19. yay4vin

yay4vin Member

The wait is really insane! I'm so sorry and can Imagine how frustrating it must be.

20. bgbolton

bgbolton Member

#20 bgbolton, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    After 5/20 mail I got loan extended. It expired still at week 8 :rolleyes:

By now I wonder just how long this continues :D

Please can a mod correct the title now?