Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No voice command for heat/ac/climate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@hill , to add a little more information: on the right side of the steering wheel, press the lower menu button (below the thumbwheel (TW)). You can select from 2 climate functions that are controllable by the right TW: fan speed, or temperature.
If you select temperature, for example, you can set your front climate control to all "Auto," except the temperature. Then you can control the temperature with right TW without ever taking your eyes off the road.
Note that this only works for the front, not rear, climate control. And make sure you have left and right temperatures in "sync" mode.
If you need a blast of cold air, just dial the TW all the way down-- the AC will kick in and the fan will automatically crank to a high setting.
I agree with you that the 17" screen is too tempting to divert attention away from the road. I sometimes have to force myself to stop playing with various functions. I'm always looking for ways to use hands-free or steering wheel options, or ask my wife to pull up a screen function if I'm driving.

• Helpful
Reactions: hill
That's a great idea. Why can't I "Set fan speed to 4 and temperature to 62" vis the voice activation?

I'm new to Tesla so I don't know if there is a better way but I've been sending suggestions via the Contact Us form on the page below. I get a nice reply (usually after several days) so worth a shot of you want to share it with Tesla.

Contact | Tesla

That's a great idea. Why can't I "Set fan speed to 4 and temperature to 62" vis the voice activation?

I'm new to Tesla so I don't know if there is a better way but I've been sending suggestions via the Contact Us form on the page below. I get a nice reply (usually after several days) so worth a shot of you want to share it with Tesla.

Contact | Tesla
You can also use the voice commands "send feedback" or "bug report".

Thanks! Such a shame - at least for my better ½ - "she-who-must be-obeyed". swmbo going through menopause, suddenly needing a hurricane breeze in the face ... then warm air, then cold, then hot (sigh). Oh well.

I find when things start to malfunction it is time to replace them.

LOL

She needs to control the A/C from her passenger seat settings. That is why there are passenger and driver sided settings. She is in total control so WHY WHY WHY are you worried?

• Funny
Reactions: pdx3181
I find when things start to malfunction it is time to replace them.

LOL

She needs to control the A/C from her passenger seat settings. That is why there are passenger and driver sided settings. She is in total control so WHY WHY WHY are you worried?
worried? not . . . .
and the question posed was for her. and the question should not presume that yours truly is even in the car
;)

Contact | Tesla

my 2005 acura had this so there's no reason they shouldn't be able to do it (and it worked well in the TL back then) - maybe a software update Tesla?? (in the meantime the right thumbwheel set to the temperature option is what I do)>

Alexa/Google assistant integration is the future when it comes to this stuff. I hope Tesla partners with Amazon, personally. And yes, it's kind of disappointing such a minimal effort was placed on the natural language processing functionality. But it should be easy enough to improve, given the right resource allocation (read: human capital).