Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NOA / FSD - Discount ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Has Tesla ever done a "black friday" sale on Navigate on Autopilot package or Full Self Drive package ?

Where i live they lowered the price of the car but almost 25% but as far as i can see, they never lowered the price of these packages. ?

Is there any indication that they might lower the price. When they lowered the price of the car, people in another "price bracket" started being able to afford a Tesla, but since these people are typically not as wealthy as the ones that bought it at the previously higher price bracket, so they are very unlikely to buy the package at the current price.

I wonder if there is any indication that Tesla might permanently (Or as a sale / Black Friday style event) lower the prices.

I mean, would it not be in Tesla's interest to get as many people to buy, and if they can make a lot more sales at a lower price, it would seem worth it, to get a smaller amount of money in the till, as compared to no money.

I wake up every day hoping they will fix their EAP and FSD packaging. Tesla's Basic Autopilot is a generation behind competitive offerings - everyone else is including lane change in their standard ADAS. (And, Tesla's handling of lane change now is terrible.)

I don't care about the summon features. But, I am hoping that they pull lane change back down to the basic AP, or at least make that one feature a lot cheaper. I can't stomach paying $6K for something that Hyundai does for free.

I wake up every day hoping they will fix their EAP and FSD packaging. Tesla's Basic Autopilot is a generation behind competitive offerings - everyone else is including lane change in their standard ADAS. (And, Tesla's handling of lane change now is terrible.)

I don't care about the summon features. But, I am hoping that they pull lane change back down to the basic AP, or at least make that one feature a lot cheaper. I can't stomach paying $6K for something that Hyundai does for free.
I agree

Right now the NOA pack has 5 features.

Navigate on Autopilot
Automatic lanechange
Summon
Smart Summon
AutoPark

But the last 3 features are not enabled on my 2023, and honestly they are all pretty gimmick'y so i dont need nor want them....And i certainly do not want to buy a package where 60% of the advertised features are not available but will be "in the future" with no mention of whether or not this will be in 3 months, 3 years or 3 millennia.

So NOA and Automatic lanechange is the only 2 features i would want and i agree, it is silly that the lanechange feature is part of this very expensive package, when even the cheaper Chinese cars are starting to be delivered with this feature as standard.

Oh $6000

And here i am complaining, when the NOA package "only" cost about $4400 in Denmark right now.

I was hoping someone knew if Tesla sometimes does a "sale" where these functions are sold at a cheaper rate or someone had heard about Tesla maybe considering slashing the prices of these functions, now they lowered the price of the cars.

The only sale I can recall was in late 2018 or early 2019 after the first M3's came out. Tesla priced FSD at $2K or $3K depending when you took delivery of the car. I snagged it for $2K. That's why I still have the 2018 M3. To pay $15K for that today is crazy. I rarely have a disengagement drive when I try it.

Reactions: APotatoGod
The only sale I can recall was in late 2018 or early 2019 after the first M3's came out. Tesla priced FSD at $2K or $3K depending when you took delivery of the car. I snagged it for $2K. That's why I still have the 2018 M3. To pay $15K for that today is crazy. I rarely have a disengagement drive when I try it.
If they made the FSD package cost $2000, i would snag it up as well.

They could also totally drop the NOA package, as no one would buy this if the FSD package was 2000.

Right now there is absolutely NOTHING that justifies the $8800 pricetag here for the FSD, over the $4400 pricetag of the NOA.

Literally the ONLY added function right now in FSD vs NOA here is "Automatic stopping for traffic light"

The other "feature" advertised is "Coming - Autosteer in cities"

But as far as i have read, this feature has been "coming" for a long time, so nobody knows when it will be activated here....If ever.

Imagine having paid an additional $4400 just to have the car stop at a red light by itself.

I would much rather if they made the basic autodrive function use the map to automatically slow down if coming to a roundabout for example.

It is really strange that they dont support this, i mean they have all the data needed to make it happen...

My boss has a midrange BMW and this car does this.

The other feature is that FSD can drive on local streets; no other version (EAP/NOA) is supposed to be used on them.
That's only true for FSD Beta, which is different from "standard" FSD, which only adds Traffic Light/Stop Sign Control to what EAP has. To get FSD Beta, you have to purchase or subscribe to standard FSD, and then request access to the Beta. However, the FSD Beta builds are behind the production builds, so depending on which build you already have installed, you might have to wait a while before you can actually get FSD Beta.

You understand that others charge for the lane change function, right?

In response to the OP, since there hasn't been an FSD sale in over 4 years, don't hold your breath waiting for one. EAP hasn't gone on sale either since being reintroduced a few years ago.

Depending on how long you plan to keep your car, you might be better off subscribing to FSD than buying it outright. The Model S I just traded in had FSD, but I purchased EAP for my new Model S and will subscribe to FSD later ($100/month with EAP) if I want it.

Some may. GM does for Super Cruise, but only after 3 years. But, all the cars I know about do not charge for automatic lane change - it now a general table stakes ADAS feature.
Who doesn't?

Ford, GM, Mercedes do.

Hyundai's LCA is a semi-manual that you have to use the turn signal and meet the list of conditions . It only comes on certain trims and certain cars.

All of the ADAS offerings only come on certain trims and certain cars. That is universally true (except for probably Tesla).

Hyundai HDA II does automatic lane change without subscription
Ford BlueCruise and GM Super Cruise are semi-subscription - they overtly state subscription, but both automakers give 3-years subscriptions at purchase
Toyota Safety Sense lane change assist does not require subscription
BMW Driving Assistant automatic lane change does not require subscription
Are you sure that MB requires subscription?
Pretty sure Rivian/Lucid/Polestar/Fisker do not require subscription, but I got tired of Googling.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
All of the ADAS offerings only come on certain trims and certain cars. That is universally true (except for probably Tesla).

Hyundai HDA II does automatic lane change without subscription
Ford BlueCruise and GM Super Cruise are semi-subscription - they overtly state subscription, but both automakers give 3-years subscriptions at purchase
Toyota Safety Sense lane change assist does not require subscription
BMW Driving Assistant automatic lane change does not require subscription
Are you sure that MB requires subscription?
Pretty sure Rivian/Lucid/Polestar/Fisker do not require subscription, but I got tired of Googling.
According to Hyundai's video on Youtube, you have to hit the turn signal for the lane change to initiate same with Toyota Safety Sense and Rivian.

I'm not going to Google the rest, but if you are asking for assisted lane change, instead of automatic...that's one thing, but there's no reason to think Tesla should include automatic lane change (basically killing EAP) for free.

Edit: Also, by tying it into trim levels...they are charging you for it. Tesla gives AP to everyone and offers EAP for a price or subscription.

Saying auto makers do not charge for auto lane change is disingenuous. Nobody gives away the feature. The price is just built into the base price of the car.

All it means is that the manufacturer may not itemize the cost and give the purchaser the option to purchase it, or not.

Some may. GM does for Super Cruise, but only after 3 years. But, all the cars I know about do not charge for automatic lane change - it now a general table stakes ADAS feature.
err - Supercruise is not standard and is optional for a limited number of cars and is not available as an option for most of the range.
Supercruise also one works on mapped roads (200k miles), not everywhere.
BlueCruise is the same, only works on 130k miles of limited roads. With Ford, even adaptive cruise isn't standard on all models.
So describing either of those as "table stakes" is hardly accurate. (Definition of Tables Stakes is "minimum required")
Basic Autopilot is on every current Tesla regardless of trim level or model - that is the real "table stakes" - Ford & GM can't even deliver adaptive cruise as standard.

I agree

Right now the NOA pack has 5 features.

Navigate on Autopilot
Automatic lanechange
Summon
Smart Summon
AutoPark

But the last 3 features are not enabled on my 2023, and honestly they are all pretty gimmick'y so i dont need nor want them....And i certainly do not want to buy a package where 60% of the advertised features are not available but will be "in the future" with no mention of whether or not this will be in 3 months, 3 years or 3 millennia.

So NOA and Automatic lanechange is the only 2 features i would want and i agree, it is silly that the lanechange feature is part of this very expensive package, when even the cheaper Chinese cars are starting to be delivered with this feature as standard.

Oh $6000

And here i am complaining, when the NOA package "only" cost about $4400 in Denmark right now.

I was hoping someone knew if Tesla sometimes does a "sale" where these functions are sold at a cheaper rate or someone had heard about Tesla maybe considering slashing the prices of these functions, now they lowered the price of the cars.
I recently “tried” NoA on test drive. I have Tesla with basic AP. I still couldn’t figure out what NoA will offer me (I don’t need smart summon, summon, or auto park features).

Lane change (once stalk is pressed), was ok but not too… interesting by itself.

Wondering what makes NoA so interesting for others more informed on this?
Thanks

Saying auto makers do not charge for auto lane change is disingenuous.
err - Supercruise is not standard and is optional for a limited number of cars and is not available as an option for most of the range.
Please read all the context… when you buy ADAS, almost everyone comes with automatic lane change. Tesla charges an additional $6K for automatic lane change, which is a whole lot more than most automaker options or packages that include their core ADAS. Tesla basic autopilot is marketed against the core ADAS that everyone else has, but it lacks automatic lane change. They are about 5 years behind the market in product packaging and pricing in this feature.

Please read all the context… when you buy ADAS, almost everyone comes with automatic lane change. Tesla charges an additional $6K for automatic lane change, which is a whole lot more than most automaker options or packages that include their core ADAS. Tesla basic autopilot is marketed against the core ADAS that everyone else has, but it lacks automatic lane change. They are about 5 years behind the market in product packaging and pricing in this feature.
Again, you are comparing the upgraded packages which are at a premium to AP, which is standard. It's Apples to hand grenades.

Also, most of those lane assist aren't automatic as I pointed out. Hyundai, Blue Cruise (until 1.2 is released), Rivian, and Toyota you need to hit the turn signal.

Blue Cruise is $600 for 3 years. Cheaper than EAP and hands free, but more limited on usage.

Reactions: gtg465x
I recently “tried” NoA on test drive. I have Tesla with basic AP. I still couldn’t figure out what NoA will offer me (I don’t need smart summon, summon, or auto park features).

Lane change (once stalk is pressed), was ok but not too… interesting by itself.

Wondering what makes NoA so interesting for others more informed on this?
Thanks
It will male lake changes automatically if you have a destination entered.

Reactions: AJ..
Tesla basic autopilot is marketed against the core ADAS that everyone else has

Say what? I think you have it backwards.
So you're comparing a built in feature for Tesla with an extra cost feature only available in 15% of GM vehicles.
Tesla basic autopilot is in every single Tesla, that's the very definition of "core".
Putting that into real terms Basic Bolt EUV is $28k, but that can't get supercruise, you have to go for the top two versions, that gets us to $34k - then we get the option to pay another $2300 to get supercruise. Bringing us to a nice round $36k or $8k over the cost of the basic car.
So about that extra $6k or month subscription of Enhanced Autopilot...
Tesla has built in connected NAV, so we had better make sure that's there, oh that's $2.4k extra and again only the top level trims can get it.

But as we in the habit of picking a single features...
Table stakes for OTA updates is that you can update everything in the car (including brakes, lights and BMS) - for the others you got to go back to the dealership for most things outside of the entertainment system.
Table stakes for EV's is that there is an integrated, reliable charging network - no other company has that and most have a cobbled together setup.
Table stakes for a modern car is that TACC is a standard feature - not on 85% of GM and Ford though.

Like I said - super easy to pick one feature and decide its "table stakes" or "core"
I'll fix the sentence so it reads right "Tesla built-in basic autopilot is marketed against extra cost add-on ADAS that 15% of the competition has"

Reactions: uscbucsfan