Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NoAP deactivated Due to severe weather detected - Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as it is getting into the daily rainy season in Florida, I thought this an important observation about NoAP.

I was driving on the interstate with NoAP engaged when it started raining fairly heavy to the point that I got a warning message that Severe Weather Detected - NoAP unavailable along with an audible alert that it deactivated. To my surprise the NoAP button was still blue as if engaged. AP continued to function normally with lane changes by stalk no problem.
As I neared my exit NoAP button still blue I wondered would the car exit on its own? It did not and I had to override AP to take the exit.

There was no clear indication if the NoAP was off or had reengaged. I would have thought Tesla would toggle the NoAP from blue to gray if it disengaged just as it does when you turn it on or off.

Was the display showing the single blue path line or the two blue lane lines?

Don't recall what the lane indicators were showing and didn't think about that visual indication of NoAP v. no NoAP being active. I was more focused on traffic in the rain and navigating at that time and wondering if NoAP was going to exit or if I was going to take control.

I think it would still be a good thing for the NoAP button to toggle from blue to gray in a situation like that so driver would have to engage it after an automated trigger disengagement.