Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nomad Wireless Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had mine since day one on the 28th of December. I use it every time i drive the car with at least one phone charging, sometimes my work phone as well. No issues at all. Very happy with it. I have a thumb drive in one port and use the splitter that came with the Nomad to drive both sides of the charger.

You’d be better off with a Navak splitter. The Nomad would charge faster.

plug, say, the left side of the Nomad into one of the car’s USB ports, and then the Navak into the other.

put the second Nomad cable on the “Charging” port of the Navak, and the USB drive on the “data” port.

then the Nomad would get a full 2.1amps of charging capacity on each side; right now it only get 1amp.

Just a suggestion!

You’d be better off with a Navak splitter. The Nomad would charge faster.

plug, say, the left side of the Nomad into one of the car’s USB ports, and then the Navak into the other.

put the second Nomad cable on the “Charging” port of the Navak, and the USB drive on the “data” port.

then the Nomad would get a full 2.1amps of charging capacity on each side; right now it only get 1amp.

Just a suggestion!
Thanks

Reactions: dmurphy
I apologize in advanced if this is in the wrong spot but I had a question.
We have a Model 3 and bought the Nomad wireless charger. The first one we got, we did not have the jeda hub yet so used the splitters to be able to have the hard drive for sentry mode and the charger pad plugged in.

That pad lasted about 3 weeks before the lights started blinking randomly and one side stopped working.

We contacted Nomad and they replaced the charging pad.

We waited a week to use it until we got the Jeda hub in order to avoid having the same issue in the event it was because of the use of the splitter. After christmas we got the hub and plugged in the Nomad wireless charger once again.

We have had a glorious 3 weeks of use before it started doing the same thing again last week. We have now unplugged the right side and can only use the left side. Before I contact Nomad again to get it replaced, we wanted to know if any of you are having similar issues. Once is a fluke but twice, I feel like either we have really bad luck or there is some sort of short circuit with our car or something,

we have the same issue... it’s annoying!

When I got my nomad and plugged it up, the left side did not work (I had a splitter on the left side so I could use my TeslaCam). After jiggling the cables around it started working. Also, my dash cam flash drive (on the left splitter plug) didn’t work either. Jiggling that around in the splitter plug made it come online. I think the sockets at the ends of the provided splitter cables are a bit loose. If I jiggle them around I can kill the connection, so I could see how driving for a couple of weeks could appear to render the charger inoperable.

Similar experience. Bought the Nomad for my wife’s M3. Followed the instructions about the clear sleeves - power vs. data side. Initially it was a little finicky about charging on the left side (no blink, just wouldn’t charge), but worked great on the right side for several months, then went to blink on both sides and no longer charges. Tried unplugging and plugging back in, jiggling connectors, etc. Occasionally I can get the right side to stop blinking when I unplug and replug, but after a minute or so both sides blink and do not charge. I may pull it out when she gets back from her current road trip and test it on a charger supply in the house. My guess, though, is that it’s shot. I got it during a 50% off sale, which put it at the same price as some of its competitors. I’ll probably just end up identifying a more reliable brand and replacing the Nomad. I original chose them because it was an American company - trying to keep it in the family during the pandemic, so to speak. Disappointing.

Just brought the Nomad in from the car and tried it on a USB power supply. Same thing. Blinks and no charging. There is a faint click corresponding to the LED blink. This thing is toast. When I went out to get it I noticed the dashcam was not active. The connectors on the splitter are a bit dodgy. Wiggling the memory device in the connector restored it, but it was very touchy and loose-feeling. With the Nomad splitter out of the circuit the dashcam comes on and stays on now.

Just brought the Nomad in from the car and tried it on a USB power supply. Same thing. Blinks and no charging. There is a faint click corresponding to the LED blink. This thing is toast. When I went out to get it I noticed the dashcam was not active. The connectors on the splitter are a bit dodgy. Wiggling the memory device in the connector restored it, but it was very touchy and loose-feeling. With the Nomad splitter out of the circuit the dashcam comes on and stays on now.
Call them and have them exchange it, We have had ours exchanged twice now. The last came from a batch from a different source is what i was told, so far about 4 months no problems but yes, if this one dies, we will never be shopping wht nomad again. Their customer service has been great, but its a hassle to keep exchanging it.