Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know, I was just noting that there's nothing wrong with their email system, and nothing wrong with me getting Tesla's emails. Therefore, why did I never get an invite via email?

I think it's because they didn't send one.

Exactly. I got one like a month after I could configure and the second one seemed to be on time based on posts from other owners. What is odd is that I got one so late. I am assuming that the ability to configure opens up for some people but they dont tell them until they want them to order. But who knows. Sending email is not tuff and no email should ever be more then a few minutes delayed due to volumes.

Heh, sorry. What time did you order? In store I assume? Which location?

I think my card got swiped at about 10:30am at the Devon, PA location (down the street from Villanova since I'm a Philly 'burb Jerseyan).

If it's relative to a person's number in line per location, that might be my problem. I estimate I was around 200 out of 500 since Teslas are very popular in the Main Line area.

So in anticipation of my invite later this year, what if I don’t configure after it opens up?
Does the configuration stay open indefinitely? Is that he your place in line is “saved”? Just jump in and order some time in the next year and your order is thrown on the current production queue?