Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in anticipation of my invite later this year, what if I don’t configure after it opens up?
Does the configuration stay open indefinitely? Is that he your place in line is “saved”? Just jump in and order some time in the next year and your order is thrown on the current production queue?

Your place is saved. Tbd if they limit the number of orders when new options open up. Hopefully they are at 5k/w soon so that won't matter as much.

No invite yet for me. Was about 100th in line at the Rocklin, CA store (which serves Sacramento). I have seen no evidence that any non-owner from that line has been invited. Sigh.
What you're saying makes me wonder whether Tesla is holding back configuration in some areas because the nearest delivery center can't handle the increased load of Model 3s. For example, I heard from the gallery rep yesterday that Tesla is setting up a new delivery center in San Diego, which should be ready by the time orders placed now are up for delivery, because the existing one only has four bays.

Last edited:
What you're saying makes me wonder whether Tesla is holding back configuration in some areas because the nearest delivery center can't handle the increased load of Model 3s. For example, I heard from the gallery rep yesterday that Tesla is setting up a new delivery center in San Diego, which should be ready by the time orders placed now are up for delivery, because the existing one only has four bays.

I would think so. Even 1000 produced per week means a ton of deliveries. I’m not sure how they can continue their current delivery process. I hope they continue it but man that’s a lot of cars to dedicate that much time to for delivery.

Maybe. Although I've been to the Rocklin store a few times recently. About 4 weeks ago they had 50 Model 3s on the lot. Now they have maybe 4. Lot's of room for them to take delivery.

Do I click or not click that last button is the question......

Got my invite this afternoon, line waiter with pre-order in at 10:30am, 1 hour after they opened at Bellevue Square in WA.

Capture.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric

Got my invite this afternoon, line waiter with pre-order in at 10:30am, 1 hour after they opened at Bellevue Square in WA.

View attachment 283587

Ugh. I probably would if I had the chance to right now. This is the car I want but in SR but potentially losing the federal and state tax benefits make me consider ponying up for the extra range. I guess it depends on if you want AWD and/or white interior. I thought I wanted white interior but not so much after the spied photos.

Last edited:
Would like AWD but not willing to chance missing the $7500 tax incentive just for this one feature. Long range with PUP was always in the plan.

Maybe this... You would think with 2 years to think about this final step would be easy... Decisions, decisions..

Capture2.JPG

Or maybe this... Might need to sleep on this one. I'm down to these three color/wheel combinations.

View attachment 283595

I’m of the thought that spending the extra $1500 for the 19 inch wheels is not ideal unless you absolutely love them. You can always get different 19 inch wheels that look much better down the road. I understand how you may not love the Aeros and want the car to look it’s best the moment you receive it though

View attachment 283587

That's been me for the last week. Go for white with aero! That's the configuration I'm getting. I think I'm finally going to click today after (1) stopping by the gallery to see the Model 3 three times, (2) bringing a full size convertible car seat to the gallery to make sure it fits in both the center and side back seats, (3) getting the wife's stamp of approval, and (4) test driving a Model S to try out the Tesla powertrain and Autopilot. Anything else I can do to calm my nerves before I plop down $51k OTD after tax credit for a car? :D

Aero's look pretty good in person, in photos they are mixed. I have seen the red/19's combination at Bellevue Square and the white/aero outside of SpaceX in Redmond. I thought the same thing, $1500 for the wheels you don't love probably don't make sense as there will be a zillion options in the near future. However as my priorities will undoubtedly shift and my focus will be on other things in the future. I'm in more for the sporty nature of 19"s rather then the 18" standard wheels. Probability of changing to after markets is slim. I thought this was going to be easy to select the color combinations. Theory and reality of clicking that final button is much more difficult then I was expecting.

Kids like the white, wife thinks red looks the best and I want one of each depending on my mood for that particular day.

• Funny
Reactions: Falkirk
Aero's look pretty good in person, in photos they are mixed. I have seen the red/19's combination at Bellevue Square and the white/aero outside of SpaceX in Redmond. I thought the same thing, $1500 for the wheels you don't love probably don't make sense as there will be a zillion options in the near future. However as my priorities will undoubtedly shift and my focus will be on other things in the future. I'm in more for the sporty nature of 19"s rather then the 18" standard wheels. Probability of changing to after markets is slim. I thought this was going to be easy to select the color combinations. Theory and reality of clicking that final button is much more difficult then I was expecting.

Kids like the white, wife thinks red looks the best and I want one of each depending on my mood for that particular day.

Haha right? Two sounds good. I’m kind of torn between white and midnight silver. Wife doesn’t want white because she has a white SUV. I like the idea of white because it is easier to see scratches and such on a dark vehicle. Midnight silver looks nice in most lighting though. I just can’t tell if white doesn’t look “luxurious” enough for spending $50k on a car.