TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by voltage, Feb 22, 2018.

1. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

Welcome all new invitees! The anticipation becomes even worse after you configure!

• Like x 3
  2. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Active Member

Your place is saved. Tbd if they limit the number of orders when new options open up. Hopefully they are at 5k/w soon so that won't matter as much.

3. mwenn1

mwenn1 Member

I was able to configure today as well, no email just logged in and checked. I was a line waiter in Scottsdale, AZ about 130-140 in line reserved around 11:30 AM. I went with Black, 19", PUP and EAP. 3-6 weeks delivery time.

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. David L

David L Member

#224 David L, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    What you're saying makes me wonder whether Tesla is holding back configuration in some areas because the nearest delivery center can't handle the increased load of Model 3s. For example, I heard from the gallery rep yesterday that Tesla is setting up a new delivery center in San Diego, which should be ready by the time orders placed now are up for delivery, because the existing one only has four bays.

5. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

I would think so. Even 1000 produced per week means a ton of deliveries. I’m not sure how they can continue their current delivery process. I hope they continue it but man that’s a lot of cars to dedicate that much time to for delivery.

6. vinnie97

vinnie97 #WalkAway

Las Vegas must be in bad shape. 11:30 a.m. reservation and no invite.

7. sreams

sreams Member

Maybe. Although I've been to the Rocklin store a few times recently. About 4 weeks ago they had 50 Model 3s on the lot. Now they have maybe 4. Lot's of room for them to take delivery.

8. AZatul

AZatul Member

I was in the same line but haven’t received my invite yet. How did you figure out you were 130-140 back?

9. graphix25

graphix25 -=electronboy=-

Do I click or not click that last button is the question......

Got my invite this afternoon, line waiter with pre-order in at 10:30am, 1 hour after they opened at Bellevue Square in WA.

Capture.JPG

• Informative x 1
  10. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

#230 ChrisH, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018

Ugh. I probably would if I had the chance to right now. This is the car I want but in SR but potentially losing the federal and state tax benefits make me consider ponying up for the extra range. I guess it depends on if you want AWD and/or white interior. I thought I wanted white interior but not so much after the spied photos.

11. DanH

DanH Member

Just do it.

• Like x 3
  12. graphix25

Would like AWD but not willing to chance missing the $7500 tax incentive just for this one feature. Long range with PUP was always in the plan.

Maybe this... You would think with 2 years to think about this final step would be easy... Decisions, decisions..

Capture2.JPG

13. graphix25

Or maybe this... Might need to sleep on this one. I'm down to these three color/wheel combinations.

Capture3.JPG

14. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

Go with the red one.

• Love x 2
  15. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

I’m of the thought that spending the extra $1500 for the 19 inch wheels is not ideal unless you absolutely love them. You can always get different 19 inch wheels that look much better down the road. I understand how you may not love the Aeros and want the car to look it’s best the moment you receive it though

16. David L

David L Member

That's been me for the last week. Go for white with aero! That's the configuration I'm getting. I think I'm finally going to click today after (1) stopping by the gallery to see the Model 3 three times, (2) bringing a full size convertible car seat to the gallery to make sure it fits in both the center and side back seats, (3) getting the wife's stamp of approval, and (4) test driving a Model S to try out the Tesla powertrain and Autopilot. Anything else I can do to calm my nerves before I plop down $51k OTD after tax credit for a car? :D

17. graphix25

Aero's look pretty good in person, in photos they are mixed. I have seen the red/19's combination at Bellevue Square and the white/aero outside of SpaceX in Redmond. I thought the same thing, $1500 for the wheels you don't love probably don't make sense as there will be a zillion options in the near future. However as my priorities will undoubtedly shift and my focus will be on other things in the future. I'm in more for the sporty nature of 19"s rather then the 18" standard wheels. Probability of changing to after markets is slim. I thought this was going to be easy to select the color combinations. Theory and reality of clicking that final button is much more difficult then I was expecting.

Kids like the white, wife thinks red looks the best and I want one of each depending on my mood for that particular day.

• Funny x 1
  18. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Haha right? Two sounds good. I’m kind of torn between white and midnight silver. Wife doesn’t want white because she has a white SUV. I like the idea of white because it is easier to see scratches and such on a dark vehicle. Midnight silver looks nice in most lighting though. I just can’t tell if white doesn’t look “luxurious” enough for spending $50k on a car.

19. carms

carms Member

Anyone get an invite to configure today or log into their Tesla account and see configuration?

20. Reddy Kilowatt

I waited till 10:30 this morning to check and no luck.