Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's only the invite e-mail, because I received an email that my order was confirmed before I was even done with it. I was still working on uploading pictures of my insurance and drivers license.

As soon as you’re done submitting the $2500 deposit then your order is complete. I too received my “your order is confirmed” email immediately after they charged my card and before I was finished submitting all of my info. The info you need to submit after that are just the first steps in the delivery process.

I’ve got two pending items for my order right now, the financing and trade in. Not expecting to see any movement on those for at least a week. I’ll be getting a quote from Vroom.com to see if I’m in the ballpark for trade in value that I hope I am in as soon as all of this damn rain in NJ stops and I can give my Mustang a proper cleaning.

• Informative
Reactions: voltage
It's only the invite e-mail, because I received an email that my order was confirmed before I was even done with it. I was still working on uploading pictures of my insurance and drivers license.

Is it possible they purposely don't send them all out hoping their servers don't get flooded all at one time, and just want word of mouth to spread?
Your order WAS done. You don't need to finish insurance and driver's license until you're picking up the car.

Congratulations to all who are invited so far, but dammit,
I stood in line and reserved on day 1 (around 11AM) and live 20 minutes from the factory and no invite!

Not sure what you are saying? Is there someone who didn't stand in line as a non-owner who DID get their car? I haven't heard of anyone who got their car this week who reserved after 10:40. That you got there after us just means you will get your car after us. If you got your reservation at 11 AM you will be in the next round it seems.

-Randy

Not sure what you are saying? Is there someone who didn't stand in line as a non-owner who DID get their car? I haven't heard of anyone who got their car this week who reserved after 10:40. That you got there after us just means you will get your car after us. If you got your reservation at 11 AM you will be in the next round it seems.

-Randy
I think you are overthinking it, all he is saying is he didnt get an invite yet and was hoping too.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy