TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Norcal Bay Area Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dailo, Aug 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. steven415

steven415 Member

Wow after reading all this I want to give you my recommendations for PPF.
    I went to Jeremy months ago. Invisiguard Clear Bra in the Bay Area.
    He just moved to San Jose. 20 minutes from his old location.

Some jerk scraped my PPF, had to replace the bumper PPF.
    He gave me a discount on replacing it.
    Suntech PPF did it's job and saved it's paint...

Link at:

Invisiguard Clear Bra - North San Jose - San Jose, CA

It's a 1 man business, so he does all the installs himself. His install on my 3 is cleaner than the original he did on my car months ago. So he's gotten better with the 3's bumper!

2. SJC3

SJC3 Member

Just wanted to share I just got my car back from Alex and Wheel Xperts and I know some had issues but so far I’m happy. Alex and the installer were pros and their work is quality. Xpel ceramic 35% all around, one piece full rear. Will post an update after the sun comes back out. They had plenty of very nice cars that people have trusted them with, including a sweet matte wrapped gray 3.

8E30019E-970E-42E7-9B43-788864917D59.jpeg
    A023D3DE-B59B-4BC8-BD9A-844B87D363AE.jpeg

• Like x 1
  3. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

I had used them back nearly 2 years ago.

The PPF job was fine, but not perfect as there were some spots I think could do better work. The tint jobs were EXCELLENT. The ceramic coating behaved the worst. My car is super dirty and they have been very hard to get a hold of due to how busy they are.

4. Dommc

Dommc Member

Hi all, I'm new to the tesla family but late to this group purchase looks like. I have got a quote from alex as followed:
    Full PPF with xpel stealth + full xpel xr plus for all glasses including the windshield and roof + ceramic pro gold + powder coated wheels
    All for 6.2k, is this a reasonable deal? I did got a quote from OCDetailing for similar job but it was north of 10k

And, after spending entire night reading this particular thread from begin to finish, I have some doubt with Alex. Can anyone here who has been to the San Jose location recently tell me your experience with Alex?

5. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

His works is good but not perfect. You have to see if the extra 4K is worth it to you. The ceramic does wear out so you have to reapply annually