Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norwich Service Centre, where?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates on the Superchargers at the Service Centre site in Mile Cross? Will be driving back to Norwich for Easter to visit family and exploring what options there are aside from using a granny charger! Nice to see the Gridserve site (though on the other side of Norwich of where I'll be staying) progressing, I also noticed Norwich has a few Ionity sites as well. Seems like Norwich has really embraced the future of EVs.
Apparently the Norwich Tesla staff are currently in Chelmsford receiving training, and Norwich Tesla, which is opening in stages to ultimately become a full Tesla dealership and service centre with super chargers, will open next month for Phase 1. I’m not sure which phase the superchargers will be.

• Informative
Reactions: Rirawin
Any updates on the Superchargers at the Service Centre site in Mile Cross? Will be driving back to Norwich for Easter to visit family and exploring what options there are aside from using a granny charger! Nice to see the Gridserve site (though on the other side of Norwich of where I'll be staying) progressing, I also noticed Norwich has a few Ionity sites as well. Seems like Norwich is really embracing EVs as the future.
Just walked to Norwich SC today. Popped in and spoke to one of the Tesla engineers fitting out the workshop.
11 SuC will be installed on forecourt but the site is waiting on a power upgrade. Expecting them to go live in April.
He also went on to say the SC should be on the App by the end March to book appointments. 😀

An update on the Ionity chargers at Shell Thickthorn (named Ionity ‘Cringleford’, situated in Hethersett parish), it seems number 6 has been taken away as the cause of the previous site-wide outage, leaving behind 5, 4 and 3 (currently active, though one report of 35 kW from the 350 kW claimed - and 69 p/kWh still more than double Shell Retail’s electricity rate after upcoming April price hikes).

20220226_135824.jpg

Last edited:
Poked my head this afternoon to sneak a look at a Y. Didn’t test drive. Nice bunch of guys. Very helpful.
Not sure I’ll buy one. The ride height is nice but the hatchback opening height will disagree with my garage sectional door. I know I can set the height but it will need to be really low!
Great that it’s there for us East Anglians though.