Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nosecone alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was looking at updating my pre-facelift MS and ran across this:

Has anyone seen/done anything similar to this? I know there's one version here stateside that is super blingy and adds a ton of chrome and I'm not looking to go that direction.

Something like this can't be too hard?!

Thank you!

When I had my 2012 Model S, I painted the nose cone the same as the body color (Metallic brown). I think that’s the best option and much easier and cheaper to do.
Hubby wants to get the car ceramic coated. I wonder if they would do the nosecone for an extra fee... he says they repair the paint/chips in the car with paint so they would have it anyway.

Hi Stacelina,

I just picked up a 2015 Model S & I wanted to do the same EMDS grille that you mentioned in this post. Did you ever get the part? if yes, can you share with some photos? Thank you.

Alan
I didn't :(

Sadly I sent this company an email and they never responded back to me which I didn't see as a good sign towards excellent customer service. It made me nervous especially since the company is based in Europe. I ended up getting a refresh bumper.

Was looking at updating my pre-facelift MS and ran across this:

Has anyone seen/done anything similar to this? I know there's one version here stateside that is super blingy and adds a ton of chrome and I'm not looking to go that direction.

Something like this can't be too hard?!

Thank you!
I’ve never seen an after-market option I liked, but have thought about putting a layer of black or carbon fiber PPF wrap on it.

Same here, sent them an email over the weekend & no response. It scares me so I'll probably pass on that...

Sadly I sent this company an email and they never responded back to me which I didn't see as a good sign towards excellent customer service. It made me nervous especially since the company is based in Europe. I ended up getting a refresh bumper.

Which bumper refresh did you go with? Unplugged? T-Sportline? Can you share some photos? I'm looking to do the same & I'm deciding which one I should go with. Thank you.

If you dont want an oem look bumper, i think this looks cool... something in between plaid and facelift...
Its some franken bumper from Ukraine...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230619_175744_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230619_175744_Gallery.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 136
Most 5x1 sheets of vinyl will more than cover the nosecone. I've tried and screwed up painting the nose cone, so I though I'd turn to vinyl and it's not too hard to do. It takes me about 30 minutes of work to get it to lay down correctly and I can get around the curvature with a little heat from the heat gun. Best part is that little sheet of vinyl can be purchased for about $30. So changing the color for different occasions or to match the colors of the kid's school isn't too hard to do.

The hardest part is probably removing and then adding the chrome trim back on - but that also makes is look so clean when it's finished.

Link to album of the different colors I've gone through so far....