Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not as wide as 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The MY has a much more comfortable rear seat than the M3. Yes, it's about 1" narrower, but:
1. The seat sits much higher and the floor is lower = knees not in your chest.
2. The seats have two reclined positions (max recline for only shorter passengers though).
3. The front seats are on risers = way, way more foot room for the back seat.
4. The roof is higher = more head room (M3 has a lot already though)
5. No mid-roof crossbar = open feeling.

Three average adults are uncomfortable in the back of either one for different reasons, but two adults are way more comfortable in the back of an MY.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Snow Drift
My wife and I had the same takeaways from our MY test drive and poking about. My DD was a 2013 Avalon, and we called the differences in the rear very minor

The MY has a much more comfortable rear seat than the M3. Yes, it's about 1" narrow, but:
2. The seats have two reclined positions (max recline for only shorter passengers though).
5. No roof crossbar = open feeling.

Three average adults are uncomfortable in the back of either one for different reasons, but two adults are way more comfortable in the back of an MY.

The MY has a much more comfortable rear seat than the M3. Yes, it's about 1" narrower, but:
5. No mid-roof crossbar = open feeling.

But my main concern is car seats since I have two of them...need the width for the car seats.