Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not getting Holiday Update 2023 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased this car around 1.5 months ago. I see online that there is a holiday update but I still have not received it as of 12/18 11:22PM EST. Anyone know what may be wrong?
Read the first post in this thread. It contains everything we know about software updates. No need to read the entire thread, just the first post is enough:

if you dont want to read it, the TL ; DR answer is "Nothings wrong, you just have to wait".

I purchased this car around 1.5 months ago. I see online that there is a holiday update but I still have not received it as of 12/18 11:22PM EST. Anyone know what may be wrong?
OTA updates go out in cycles. Example from TeslaFI.com and 18K 'fleet'. 2nd image below

Just make sure you car has a good WiFi signal and is connect.
You can choose 'advanced' to get some of them sooner. 1st image below.
c7x0cG9.jpg

NdC05yZ.jpg

I am on 2022.40.300.1 and still no update.
Well you certainly are in an interesting subset of owners (iea. 2022.40._00 - hundreds series). See 2nd image below updates for the past 4 days. It seems that Tesla does that for groups of cars. Perhaps because your car is so new. From TeslaFI, the 300.1 series of folks are mostly in 2023 cars (S3XY) and from more than 1 country.

Just make sure that you wifi is good. I have mine set to 'advanced' as shown above. I occasionally (weekly) reboot (2 finger hold on scroll rollers) my car as occasionally [my] wifi in the car appears to be working but isn't.

You'll get cycled in. TeslaFI will keep track of your OTA updates with some stats which I find useful (1st image)

ickDz9N.jpg

ufS5QYy.jpg

Do you have FSD? I understand those are a different update cadence.

I do not have FSD, have solid Wi-Fi with the access point 5 feet above my Teslas, and on advanced software update. I get an update every couple of weeks.
No they don't. From the TeslaFI graphic above, you can see that the version they are on (2022.40.300.1) does not have the superscripted red beta version 10.69.x.y next to it.

I am on 2022.40.300.1 and still no update.
I'm on this version too (MYLR 2023). I started on 40.200 and was updated to this version after about a week. Not many of us on this version. Did you take your car in for service? I got the update the night before they came out to install my HomeLink, but that may just be a coincidence. TeslaFi doesn't show anyone getting off of this version yet so it seems to be a bit of a dead end for now. Do post here if you get updated.

Reactions: Lightpixel