Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not seeing Oncoming traffic visualizations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is the right place but, I am not seeing any oncoming traffic in visualizations. I see traffic that is traveling in the same direction as me and I can see objects on the far side of the road like traffic cones or garbage cans, but no traffic. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks for your help!

Reactions: ColoradoMike
Did something change on this front? My 2020 M3 with autopilot only used to visualize all cars, including oncoming. My 2022 M3 with autopilot has all the same visuals, except oncoming cars. I’m on 2022.8.2 (though it behaved this way with the previous software version too)

Ps I have FSD visualization preview turned on

I tried turning on FSD Visualization Demo on my new 23 YLR. It still didn't show oncoming traffic as I was advised. What is weird it does show cones and garbage cans on left side of road. And it also shows cars to left and right going the same way on road like on a highway. Strange that is turned off somehow with oncoming traffic,

How do you calibrate your cameras? I didn't know you could do that.

It's a menu item available in Park, either under AutoPilot or Service. (Sorry, not near my car.) Then they auto-calibrate over the next 20 to 30 miles. Best done before starting a road trip on good well-marked roads. It's probably documented in the online Tesla manual. You will not have AP in any form available until after it finishes and you probably will not have visualizations until you go back into the AP menu to make sure everything you want is checked again.

Reactions: agmonaco