Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not sure I'm enjoying my MY after 8 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Safety features are rubbish! So far it grabbed my steering wheel 3 times for no reason after getting confused with something. I have lane departure auto pilot turned off. It accelerated me into the oncoming traffic while I was sitting stationary at the roundabout. Presumably because a car behind me pulled up too quickly but still well within breaking distance. I did however have a close call once when somebody tried merging into my lane without looking and I had to react in order to avoid a crash. Tesla did nothing. Not even a warning. It also happily lets me revers into things. Tested with cardboard and wheely bins. New park assist is very inaccurate is more of an annoyance.

Then there are constant bugs and random annoying issues. Wipers, refusal to unlock using phone until I open it with a card, close it with a card and use my phone again, random errors that come and go, it was blinding drivers initially until I lowered the headlights slightly, headlights turn on while in slight shade during a sunny day. Headlights don't turn on during hail with almost no visibility.

For some weird reason my insurance is still double the price compared to even more expensive and faster EVs. I tried every insurance provider and comparison site I could.
I am about 3 months and a 1,000 miles into my M3 and I agree completely. Shocked at how bad the safety features are on this car. Nothing fun about a car that suddenly veers into the center divider or brakes randomly while driving at 70 mph. Camera based vision is garbage also. Bought my 23 for the excellent price and fun to drive factor., will probably be looking elsewhere next time around.

Reactions: s_zigmond
I am about 3 months and a 1,000 miles into my M3 and I agree completely. Shocked at how bad the safety features are on this car. Nothing fun about a car that suddenly veers into the center divider or brakes randomly while driving at 70 mph. Camera based vision is garbage also. Bought my 23 for the excellent price and fun to drive factor., will probably be looking elsewhere next time around.
Turn them off. I did. Most (at least in the US) will stay off every drive. At least they do on my car. The ones that default to on every drive (so far) don't cause me many issues, at least since they let us permanently turn off Emergence Lane Departure Avoidance again.